Full-time DOOR ATTENDANT job
New York, NY
$28.9K – $36.7K a year salary for this role in New York, NY.
Report inaccurate salary
Full Job Description
At Hyatt, we believe our guests select Hyatt because of our caring and attentive associates who are focused on providing efficient service and meaningful experiences. A Door Attendant is primarily responsible for welcoming guest to the hotel and obtaining transportation when requested. This role may require communication and coordination between Valet/Bell services and assistance with guest luggage. Door Attendants may be asked general information about the hotel and surrounding area.
Hyatt associates work in an environment that demands exceptional performance yet reaps great rewards. Whether it’s career opportunities, job enrichment or a supportive work environment, if you are ready for this challenge, then we are ready for you.
This is not your typical career opportunity. This is the Hyatt Touch.
- Meets and greets guests at arrival.
- Hails cabs for guests.
- Carries luggage from the guest’s cab or car to the hotel door, and vice versa.
- Loads luggage into cabs, limousines, busses, etc.
- Issues claim checks to guests for garage service.
- Escorts guests and carries luggage to garage ramp.
- Loads and unloads luggage for departures and arrivals
- Calls garage valet for car pickups.
- Gives all garage and check stubs to the Front Office.
- Responsible for clearing legal loading zone of any vehicles.
Other Physical Abilities
- Ability to stand and walk for long periods of time. Work outdoors in inclement weather Lift, push, pull, and carry in excess of 50 lb
- Ethical Awareness (Measuring concerns of fairness, equity, integrity, and ethics.)
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Leadership (Measuring big picture orientation, vision and goal setting.)
- Group Process & Team Building (Measuring needs for collaboration, affiliation, and teamwork.)
- Creativity (Measuring aspects of innovation, creativity and curiosity.)
- Work under pressure Ethical Awareness (Measuring concerns of fairness, equity, integrity, and ethics.)
- Problem Solving (Measuring abilities to think strategically, to create solutions to complex situations.)
- Use tact and enthusiasm in all work situations Service Orientation (Measuring concerns for guest or customer satisfactions.)
- Communicate effectively with guests and co- workers.
- Self-Efficacy (Measuring aspects of confidence, independence, and self-direction.)
High School degree and fluent in English and another language
Six months previous experience in an area providing the skills necessary for this position.
Door Attendant job In New York
New York, NY 10006
Full Job Description
Job Number 22159257
Job Category Rooms & Guest Services Operations
Location New York Marriott Downtown, 85 West Street at Albany Street, New York, New York, United States
Located Remotely? N
Position Type Non-Management
Greet and escort guests to rooms. Open doors and assist guests/visitors entering and leaving property. Inform guests of property amenities, services, and hours of operation, and local areas of interest and activities. Identify and explain room features to guests (e.g., use of room key, mini-bar, ice and vending areas, in-room safe, valet laundry services). Transport guest luggage to and from guest rooms and/or designated bell area. Assist with luggage storage and retrieval. Assist guests/visitors in and out of vehicles, including assisting guests with loading/unloading luggage. Supply guests with directions. Arrange transportation (e.g., taxi cab, shuttle bus, limousine/sedan service) for guests/visitors, and record advance transportation request as needed. Communicate parking procedures to guests/visitors.
Follow all company policies and procedures, and report accidents, injuries, and unsafe work conditions to manager. Maintain awareness of undesirable persons on property premises. Ensure uniform and personal appearance are clean and professional and maintain confidentiality of proprietary information. Welcome and acknowledge all guests, anticipate and address guests’ service needs, assist individuals with disabilities, and thank guests with genuine appreciation. Speak with others using clear and professional language, and answer telephones using appropriate etiquette. Develop and maintain positive working relationships with others. Comply with quality assurance expectations and standards. Read and visually verify information in a variety of formats (e.g., small print). Move at a speed required to respond to work situations (e.g., run, walk, jog). Stand, sit, or walk for an extended period of time or for an entire work shift. Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 50 pounds without assistance and objects weighing in excess of 75 pounds with assistance. Move over sloping, uneven, or slippery surfaces as well as up and down stairs and/or service ramps. Reach overhead and below the knees, including bending, twisting, pulling, and stooping. Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by Supervisors.
This position requires proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment, subject to applicable law. If you are offered employment, this requirement must be met by your date of hire, unless a reasonable accommodation request is received and approved.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.
Marriott International portfolio of brands includes both JW Marriott and Marriott Hotels.
Marriott Hotels, Marriott International’s flagship brand with more than 500 global locations, is advancing the art of hosting so that our guests can travel brilliantly. As a host with Marriott Hotels, you will help keep this promise by delivering premium choices, sophisticated style, and well-crafted details. With your skills and imagination, together we will innovate and reinvent the future of travel.
JW Marriott is part of Marriott International’s luxury portfolio and consists of more than 80 beautiful properties in gateway cities and distinctive resort locations around the world. JW believes our associates come first. Because if you’re happy, our guests will be happy. It’s as simple as that. Our hotels offer a work experience unlike any other, where you’ll be part of a community and enjoy a true camaraderie with a diverse group of co-workers. JW creates opportunities for training, development, recognition and most importantly, a place where you can really pursue your passions in a luxury environment. Treating guests exceptionally starts with the way we take care of our associates. That’s The JW Treatment™.
Full-time Door Attendant job At San Francisco
San Francisco, CA 94105
BenefitsPulled from the full job description
Paid sick time
Full Job Description
We invite you to start a career at the new Four Seasons Private Residences at 706 Mission Street. New to the Four Seasons portfolio and new to the City of San Francisco, this stand alone residence contains 146 private residences that have wowed many with their spacious living and distinctive elegance. This unique building offers unique and customizable offerings for only our Residents. We are searching for individuals with the right skills, the right attitude, and a passion for providing the very best in service. We offer excellent benefits including:
- Medical, dental, & vision
- 401K Retirement plan with matching
- New Parental Leave
- Paid holidays, vacation, and sick pay
- Complimentary accommodations at Four Seasons Hotels & Resorts worldwide
About the Position
The Door Attendant c reates a strong sense of arrival for Residents and their guests. Arranges for cars to be parked or retrieved through the assistance of the valet and arranges transportation for Residents and/or guests from 3rd Street. The Door Attendant ensures the upkeep of the front entrance to ensure a clean, crisp, and organized entrance at all times. As needed, the Door Attendant will assist with deliveries to the Residences and/or Common Areas.
- Respond to Resident support needs with the highest level of timeliness, hospitality and professionalism. Responds to all resident requests in an accurate and timely manner making recommendations based on local knowledge and residence best practices.
- Ensure timely and quality-driven completion of service request.
- Greets owners and guests who arrive by private car, taxi, or limo by opening their car door and welcoming them. Assists them exiting from cars. Issues appropriate valet parking ticket to guests. Gives verbal greeting to guests arriving on foot.
- Unloads items from car, tags it and issues claim tickets when appropriate. Assists to deliver items to the unit.
- Assures the smooth flow of traffic on the drive by directing cars and directs valet parkers to park cars. Ensures the drive is a one-way only, does not permit unauthorized vehicles to pull into the entrance drive way.
- Provides directions, recommendations, and information about the city and its attractions. Hails taxis as needed.
- Resolves owner complaints, assists in all inquiries in connection with services, hours of operations, key personnel, in-house events, etc.
- Responsible to provide a high level of cleanliness on the driveway and 3rd Street entrance.
- Assists Resident Service Attendants and Concierge with responsibilities and duties in their absence or due to heavy volume periods.
- Comply with Four Seasons’ Category One and Category Two Work Rules and Standards of Conduct as set forth in EmPact.
- Exemplary representation of the Four Seasons brand through consistently building trust and conducting best practices in all dealings with residents, colleagues and third-party professionals.
- Troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong customer satisfaction/people skills
- Ability to multi-task in demanding environment
- Valid Driver’s License required.
- Fluent in English, reading and writing
- High-School education or equivalent experience
- Ability to utilize computer equipment and use email; experience with Outlook, HotSOS, Keytrack, etc. is preferred.
- Must be flexible with schedule; able to work weekdays, weekends, holidays, overtime, and evenings.
- Apply an ethical and moral approach to influence the outcome of situations.
- Serve as a role model for others by demonstrating appropriate business conduct and ethical principles.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
Visa Requirements: Must already be legally permitted to work in the United States. Applicants without valid work authorization for the United States will not be considered.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please click on the APPLY button, attach your resume and cover letter in Word and/or PDF format.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or disabled veteran and need a reasonable accommodation to use or access our online system, please contact the People and Culture Department at 415-633-3465.
Four Seasons is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, persons of all sexual orientations, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. To access the ‘EEOC is The Law’ Information poster please visit this website: EEOC is The Law .
We look forward to receiving your application!
Four Seasons is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.