Looking for a new challenge in your education career? Check out our list of education administrator jobs in Italy!
Education Administrator Jobs in Italy
Senior Staff Assistant (Payroll and Human Resources), G12 (B5)
1. Post Context
The Personnel Section is responsible to the Head PAB (HPAB) for the recruitment, HR management and administration of NATO International Civilian (NIC) personnel appointed to NDC in accordance with appropriate agreements and delegations of authority. CPS provides direct advice to the NDC Commandant as Head of NATO Body on all matters pertaining to civilian personnel management and administration and prepares, plans and manages all funds related to civilian salaries and administration of NATO international civilian salary and allowance budgets. In addition, CPS manages all matters concerning privileges and immunities (P&I) granted to diplomatic and consular personnel by the Italian Ministry of Foreign Affairs on basis of the Ottawa Agreement and respective supplement agreements.
2. Principal Duties
The Senior Assistant under the supervision and direction of the Human Resources Manager (HRM) has the responsibility to ensure the day-to-day administration of NDC international civilian personnel in aspects related to salaries and entitlements, civilian budget, recruitment, training, life- cycle management, Performance Management and Training of NDC international civilian personnel. Including managing all HR related ADP systems.
- Payroll Area:
• Ensuring the accuracy of salary payments of NICs.
• Being responsible for the overall management of the Personnel Management Information System (PMIS).
• Operating all aspects of the PMIS / ACCESS. Acting as ‘super-user’ of the payroll system PMIS.
• Verifying, consolidating, processing and calculating allowances, pension schemes contributions and insurance premium, to NIC Personnel, Temporary Staff and Interns.
- Civilian Personnel Administration Area:
• Managing of the Performance Management (PM) system.
• Assuring implementation and continued use of the PM system, providing expert and statistical advice on all facets of PM.
• Monitoring / advising on the execution of all staff / manager tasks related to the annual cycle of the PM.
• Being responsible for training, including related costs for the efficient and effective management of the civilian training budget.
• Being responsible for the overall preparation and organization of the e-recruitment processes and handling such matters in the absence of the HRM to include managing the budget / funds for recruitments.
• Implementing, maintaining and updating ADP systems and databases in HR, such as PMIS, NTAP, HRDS.
• Attending working groups for administrators of these systems.
• Managing as primary responsible all ADP matters and requirements on Personnel and Manpower aspects. (Maintaining databases etc.). Providing workforce and management support, particularly regarding the management of the Master Manpower database HRDS.
• Consolidating and verifying the accuracy of the NIC employment contracts.
• Assisting the HRM with his / her responsibilities as fund manager for the civilian personnel budget.
• Maintaining renewals and the timely reception of security clearances from National Security Authorities.
• Assisting in the development of HR solutions by collecting and analyzing information.
• Managing the administration of NDC temporary staff.
3. Special Requirements and Additional Duties
Flexibility Clause: The incumbent may be required to perform other related duties as directed. ‘Other duties’ should be similar, albeit in a different organizational element, to that which the individual normally works
4. Essential Qualifications:
- Professional / Experience
• Minimum 5 years professional experience in a human resources area or personnel administration and personnel management.
• Proven experience in application of personnel regulations and in-depth experience in payroll procedures.
• Minimum 3 years’ experience and training in operating / maintaining relational HR databases.
• ADP knowledge: Advanced MS Word, MS EXCEL and Outlook.
- Education / Training:
• Higher Secondary education and completed higher vocational education / training in human resources management, social sciences, law, business or public administration, finance or other relevant field, plus a minimum of 5 years’ function related experience or
• Secondary education and completed advanced vocational training in the discipline leading to a professional qualification or professional accreditation with 10 years’ function related experience.
- Language Requirements: English SLP 3333 – STANAG 6001
5. Desirable Qualifications:
- Professional / Experience: Experience in an international organization.
• Professional experience in the field of fiscal and accounting.
• Good knowledge of NATO Civilian Personnel Regulations and directives.
- Education / Training: Higher secondary diploma in accounting, human resources management, business administration or related discipline, with 10 years experience. Oracle / based accounting programs.
- Language Requirements: English SLP 4444; French SLP 2222 – STANAG 6001. Fair working knowledge of Italian.
6. Attributes / Competencies
Personal Attributes: The incumbent in principal works unsupervised. Requires diplomacy, courtesy and tact, along with strong communication skills and a high level of personal integrity. He / she should have maturity, poise, firmness and persuasive skills to deal with conflict situations. Uses judgment to prioritize responsibilities, and to plan and organize own workload. She needs discretion in the handling of personal information and needs to be capable of quick and efficient continuous practical on the job learning. The incumbent must also possess a high degree of initiative and sense of responsibility. Flexibility in work hours and leave planning are essential to cope with periodic work peaks.
Managerial Responsibilities: The incumbent must possess the ability to monitor and forecast provisional budget expenditures and provide advice. Coordinates civilian personnel financial matters with the Budget Officer. Coordinates and plans ADP systems with external provider, eg HRDS and PMIS administrator.
Professional Contacts: Ability to maintain professional contacts with personnel at any level. To represent the NDC HR in AP working groups and database administrators (eg HRDS, PMIS).
Contribution to the Objectives: The incumbent actively contributes to the fulfillment of the Branch by ensuring proper, timely and accurate life-cycle administration of NDC international civilian personnel.
7. Security Clearance: NATO Secret
Serving NATO civilian staff will be offered a contract according to the NATO Civilian Personnel Regulations.
Newly recruited staff will be offered a definite duration contract of normally 2 plus 3 years in duration and followed by an indefinite duration contract.
If the successful applicant is seconded from a national administration, he / she will be offered a two year definite duration contract which may be renewed for a further period not exceeding six years and / or the length of the approved secondment.
Applications from NATO redundant staff members of the same grade will be considered according to the terms of art. 57.2, Chapter XII to NATO Civilian Personnel Regulations.
9. Additional Information:
Appointment will be subject to receipt of a Security Clearance (provided by the national authority of the selected candidate) and approval of the candidate’s medical file by the NATO Medical Adviser.
Please note that only applications from nationals of NATO member countries can be accepted.
Current and past civilians working for NATO or any Coordinated Organization, shall indicate their last grade and step held (next to job title), and specify the name of employing NATO body or Coordinated Organization.
Due to the large amount of applications received, telephone or e-mail inquiries cannot be dealt with. In order to follow the status of the vacancy please refer to NDC. webpage:. www.ndc.nato.int/about/jobs.php.
NATO is an equal opportunities employer, and does not discriminate on the grounds of gender, race or ethnic origin, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age, according to the NATO Civilian Personnel Regulations.
A written test will be held as part of the selection procedure.
Junior Project Administrator
RINA is currently recruiting for a Junior Project Administrator to join its office in Genoa – Italy within the Green Energy Solutions Division
The ideal candidate will provide administrative project support to our world-wide specialist engineering consultancy team by supporting consultants working on global projects across the Transport & Mobility, Environment & Sustainability and Power Industry. Upon joining the team they will receive training on our systems, which are mainly based on Microsoft Dynamics suite.
- Accurate data entry into our systems, including: creating new opportunities, projects and quotations
- Liaising with suppliers and Procurement team ensuring invoices are recorded on system correctly
- Support team in the monthly closure process and preparation of reporting package to Management Team
- Timesheet monitoring activities and ensuring month end deadlines are followed
- Invoicing activities
- Assist with analysis of monthly results
- Working closely with Project Managers to review the progress of projects ensuring they are being delivered within the performance, cost and time envelope
- Supporting the team with inquiries and ad hoc project administration tasks
Experience and Requirements
- Experience in project support, scheduling role or similar with a knowledge of process driven ways of working is essential
- Strong IT skills in using MS Office applications (Excel ie – pivot tables, VLOOKUP’s, Outlook, PowerPoint and Word) is essential
- Experienced user of databases, familiarity with MS Dynamics, SAP or similar applications would be highly advantageous
- Strong numerical skills
- Commercial awareness and experience of working within a consultancy or engineering company is desirable
- Interest in working within a fast moving project based environment with a practical and functional approach to work.
- Fluent in English & Italian is essential
- Building and Developing Professional / Technical Knowledge: Gain advanced knowledge of professional / technical area
- Change, Innovation and Responsiveness: Implement changes
- Communication and Influence: Communicate clearly
- Customer / Client Service: Respond appropriately
- Planning, Organizing and Pro activity: React to short term priorities and plan activities
- Results Focus: Achieve your own goals
- Teamwork and Leadership: Team Player
Bachelor’s Degree in Economics or Other
With over 4,000 employees and 200 offices in 70 countries worldwide, RINA is a multinational player which provides certification, marine classification, product testing, site supervision and vendor inspection, training and engineering consultancy services across a wide range of sectors. Our business model covers the full process of project development, from concept to completion. The aim is to guarantee a project’s technical, environmental and safety – and sometimes also economic and financial – sustainability.
At RINA, we endeavor to create a work environment where every single person is valued and encouraged to develop new ideas. We provide equal employment opportunities and are committed to creating a workplace where everyone feels respected and safe from discrimination or harassment of any kind.
Windows System Administrator
- Working Location: La Spezia, Italy
- Security Clearance : NATO Secret
- Language: High proficiency level in English language
Essential Qualifications / Experience:
Vocational training at a higher technical level in a relevant discipline. A higher educational qualification but less practical experience or a less formal educational background combined with particularly relevant practical experience will also be considered. In addition to at least 5 years recent post-related experience.
DUTIES / ROLE:
Carries out agreed operational procedures, including infrastructure configuration, installation and maintenance. Uses infrastructure management tools to collect and report on load and performance statistics and to automate the provisioning, testing and deployment of new and changed infrastructure. Contributes to the implementation of maintenance and installation work. Uses standard procedures and tools to carry out defined system backups, restoring data where necessary. Identifies operational problems and contributes to their resolution
Reviews system software updates and identifies those that merit action. Tailors system software (ie operating systems, data management products, office automation products and other utility software) to maximise hardware functionality. Installs and tests new versions of system software. Investigates and coordinates the resolution of potential and actual service problems. Prepares and maintains operational documentation for system software. Advises on the correct and effective use of system software
Execute the day-to-day System Administration (SA) of the Hardware (HW) and Software (SW) of the currently fielded versions of MS Windows Server, to include managing Active Directory Services (Domain Controller, Group and Security Policies, DNS , Trust Relationships and the like), as well as the DNS and DHCP servers
Develop scripts to automate system administration processes
Assist in the execution of release management plans, to include rollout and rollback planning and execution. Execute proper preventive maintenance plans
Assists in the preparation of all technical and service-oriented documentation pertaining to assigned systems, interconnections, supporting cable plant etc.
Coordinate closely with the Service Desk to maximize the efficiency between 1st and 2nd line support including on-the-job training of 1st line support personnel
Proactively monitor the assigned systems and alert in case of performance degradation or downtime. Generate availability reports and statistics to ensure full-service provisioning visibility. Advice management on corrective action or procurement action required to correct detected weaknesses in system performance
Remain up-to-date in IT technology and trends from an end-user perspective enabling state-of-the-art support to a scientific workforce
Might require to carry out day-to-day activities at the Center as well as on the deployed platforms (eg Center Research Vessels) – normally deployment should not be longer than a month
SharePoint Developer & Administrator
Philips is a global leader in health technology, committed to improving billions of lives worldwide and striving to make the world healthier and more sustainable through innovation. Driven by the vision of a better tomorrow.
But it’s not just what we do, it’s who we are. We are 80,000, wonderfully unique individuals, with two things in common. An unwavering sense of purpose and a relentless determination to deliver on our customers’ needs. It’s what inspires us to create meaningful solutions – the kind that make a real difference – when it matters most.
The world and our customers’ needs are changing faster than ever before and while we are proud of what we do already, we know we can do more. That’s why we need you, to help us tackle increasingly complex challenges posed by ever evolving health and well-being needs.
In this role, you have the opportunity to make life better
Philips is looking for a SharePoint Developer & Administrator Intern who will join the Service & Solution Delivery (SSD) department. Under the supervision of the Service Operation Manager, you will support the following activities :
- Create and keep up to date a MS SharePoint – including document management
- Definition of the SharePoint architecture
- Business process automation for our stakeholders
You are a part of
Italy, Israel & Greece (IIG) Service & Solution delivery team. Services and Solutions Delivery creates differentiated services and delivers outcome-based solutions that are critical to our customers’ continuous success. Services and Solution Delivery is a globally distributed organization with a team of over 14,000 colleagues. This team includes a wide variety of roles, from field service engineers who fix equipment and advise customers on the use of our products, to consultants who support hospital transformations, to phone-based customer support specialists, to education associates who provide clinical insight to customers , and office-based employees who support service operations.
To succeed in this role, you’ll need a customer-first attitude and the following
- High School Diploma or BA / MSc Degree in IT engineering or similar combination of education
- Proven knowledge of SharePoint and SharePoint platform-specific tools
- Some expertise in related Programming languages and Framework (.NET / C #) – as well as related Databases
- Proactivity and excellent Communication skills – in Italian as well as in English
In return, we offer you
- 6-month long internship
- A market-related salary and benefits
- Work for an employer whose activities have a major impact on people all over the world
- Discover how you can actively contribute to innovations that matter
- Launch and steer your career in an environment with an astonishing diversity of nationalities, skills, and backgrounds
- Strengthen your capabilities and knowledge
- Build a great international network
- A path towards your most rewarding career
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 2.5 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways. Learn more by watching this video.
To find out more about what it’s like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website. Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.
IT System Administrator
We are looking for an IT System Administrator to join our Service Management Team in Pisa.You will play an important role in delivery support and maintenance of LIST services and you will contribute to the implementation process to ensure that all aspects of operability are delivered whilst ensuring that existing service levels are maintained or improved.
- Provides technical support / delivery capability for LIST services.
- Provides trouble shooting on technical issues with the aim to reduce incident recovery time.
- Collaborates and acts with releases and deployment of services.
- Monitors LIST solutions.
- Participates in the analysis and design of complex solutions and requirements definition, including translating technical and business requirement into physical installations.
- May handle customer inquiries.
- Participates in activities related to IT security and cybersecurity: support recovery programs, run system analysis, identify potential issues.
- Assist with the production of technical documentation.
Your skills, experience, and qualifications
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in a computer related field preferred or equivalent combination of formal education.
- 2/3 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Good knowledge of Linux and shell scripting.
- Professional knowledge of high-level protocols and IT Communication Systems.
- Client-focus attitude.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to prioritize and manage workload effectively.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English and Italian languages.
- EU Work Permit.
- Experience with using, troubleshooting and maintaining SaaS services.
- ITIL process know-how for incident, change and problem management.
- ITIL 4 Foundation Certification preferred.
- Cybersecurity Certification preferred.