Looking for a job as a Java developer in Singapore? Check out this blog post for the latest openings and advice on how to score the job you want!
Java Developers Jobs in Singapore
The candidate should be able to maintain and support applications, enhancements, technical upgrade and new development of web based applications. The duties also includes handling of small projects.
- Understand requirements stated by the client and perform detail analysis
- Propose and implement the right technical solution/design based on the client’s problem area and requirements
- Perform code/design reviews
- Create Test strategies in coordination with the QA Team
- Perform clear and concise status update to the respective stakeholder
- Review the deliverables as per the release management process
- Practicing Agile/Scrum methodology to plan and deliver work projects
- Involve in creating and improving the standard frameworks
- Creation of reusable components, Track and Manage reusable components
- Create and Improve the processes for the Technical Team, for coding, unit testing, release management, CR management
Required Technical Skills:
- Proficiency in Java/J2EE, Spring, Hibernate/Struts, Angular JS development
- Hands-on experience in using MS SQL Database
- Hands-on experience in configuring Web Servers and Application Servers.
- Hands-on experience in using embedded reporting tools like Jasper, BIRT etc.
Preferred Technical Skills:
- Knowledge of AWS or Azure to host and run the applications
- Knowledge of cloud application development
Desired Technical Skills:
- Knowledge and understanding of DevSecOps
- Knowledge of micro-services patterns and architecture
- Knowledge of RESTful APIs and integration patterns
- Excellent Verbal and Written English communication
- Able to communicate with and create relationships between the client and other teams working on the project
- Mentor the team with design and coding best practices
Local software house being led by IT-savvy management looking to expand our talent pool of Java Developers to work on upcoming projects for our clients. As the focus is on backend systems and application, you will be expected to build APIs and tools applicable in the Microservice architecture.
We offer a competitive salary with 13th month pay and year-end bonus based on the company and individual performance. Fresh graduates are welcome to apply.
- Analyse and model (using UML) the user requirements, use cases and processes to uncover potential issues.
- Adopt industry best practices and standards
- Communicate and collaborate with team members in fact-finding and solutioning process
- Design and develop scalable and holistic solutions
- Troubleshoot and maintain existing and/or legacy applications
- Familarise and utilise implemented DevOps tools to automate building and deployment
- Perform testing and documentations
- Presentation/demonstration of completed task or issues to key decision makers
- Able to perform in Agile/Scrum environment
· Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent
· Basic Knowledge and experience
o Good understanding of Java OOAD and Design Patterns
o Java Backend development knowledge and code optimization
o Multithreading, and Logging
o SQL and relational databases (Oracle, MS SQL Server, MySQL, etc.)
o UML modeling
· Optional but preferred
o Knowledge / experience with Microservices architecture
o Knowledge / experience with Aspect Oriented Programming
o Knowledge / experience with building RESTful APIs with Java backend frameworks (Spring / Spring Boot / Spring Cloud)
o Knowledge / experience with Message Queue (Kafka), Caching (Redis) is preferred
o Knowledge / experience with Source Code Control tools such as Git and Maven
o 1 or more completed SDLC
- 1 to 3 years
- Town area, Singapore
- Progressive Annual Leaves
- Medical, Dental, Term Life Insurance
- Weekly Team Lunch
- Team Bonding event
Developer (Java, PL/SQL)
- Design and develop solutions as according to user requirements by meet the agreeable timeline, quality, and performance standards.
- Analyze functional and technical solution requirements and participate in functional and technical solution specifications.
- Provide Functional and Technical solutions for the implementation of business initiatives
- Provide Functional and Design specifications for solutions and any customizations
- Take ownership of issues reported and see issues through resolution
- Diagnose, troubleshoot, and identify solutions to resolve user issues
- Provide support during SIT, UAT and production deployment
- Security Patch assessment and support
- Takes accountability in considering business and regulatory compliance risks and takes appropriate steps to mitigate the risks.
- Maintains awareness of industry trends on regulatory compliance, emerging threats, and technologies to understand the risk and better safeguard the company.
- Highlights any potential concerns /risks and proactively shares best risk management practices.
- Graduate in Computer related studies or Information Technology
- 2 – 4 years of working experience in application development area. Knowledge of Insurance domain is an advantage.
- Proficient in web application development using Java technology
- Proficient in PL/SQL, Oracle Database
- Proficient in Database Design and analysis
- Unix Shell scripting skills
- Good understanding of codes written in Java
- Good team player with excellent interpersonal, communication and problem-solving skills
- Detail oriented and possess excellent follow up skill
- Work independently with minimal supervision
- High level of integrity
- Takes accountability of work and good attitude over teamwork.
- Takes initiative to improve current state of things and adaptable to embrace new changes.
Employee Status : Full-Time Employee
Shift: Day Job
About CognizantCognizant (Nasdaq-100: CTSH) is one of the world’s leading professional services companies, transforming clients’ business, operating and technology models for the digital era. Our unique industry-based, consultative approach helps clients envision, build and run more innovative and efficient businesses. Headquartered in the U.S., Cognizant is ranked 185 on the Fortune 500 and is consistently listed among the most admired companies in the world.
Java Development Intern
Binance is the global blockchain company behind the world’s largest digital asset exchange by trading volume and users, serving a greater mission to accelerate cryptocurrency adoption and increase the freedom of money.
Are you looking to be a part of the most influential company in the blockchain industry and contribute to the crypto-currency revolution that is changing the world?
- Participate in the development and maintenance of the company’s core products, including but not limited to crypto exchange, fiat gateway, futures, margin, lending, etc.
- Demonstrate strong troubleshooting skills to solve problems provided by QA team
- Computer-related major, bachelor degree or above
- Have a solid Java foundation and understand basic frameworks, such as multithreading and networking
- Familiar with Spring micro-service framework and understanding of its operation mechanism
- Familiar with MySQL database, at least one no sql database
- Familiar with common middleware such as Redis, RabbitMQ and Kafka
- Good logical thinking ability, strong sense of teamwork, and strong learning ability
- Good communication skills, fluency in English
- Experience with open source projects is preferred
Working at Binance
- Do something meaningful; Be a part of the future of finance technology and the no.1 company in the industry
- Fast moving, challenging and unique business problems
- International work environment and flat organisation
- Great career development opportunities in a growing company
- Possibility for relocation and international transfers mid-career
- Competitive salary
- Flexible working hours, Casual work attire
By submitting a job application, you confirm that you have read and agree to our Candidate Privacy Notice .
Java Developer for L2 Support
- Expert level skills in Java and Spring boot
- In-depth knowledge of data structures implementation and optimization
- Intermediate level skills in multi-threading, concurrency, and error-handling
- Intermediate level skills in implementing design patterns (singleton, facade, factory, observer etc.)
- Experience building enterprise scale web services (RESTful), and their scalability, resiliency, and availability
- Experience building application frameworks or reusable components
- Experience in network programming (Sockets) to build service self-healing
- Experience implementing multiple cross cutting concerns and non-functional
- Demonstrated proficiency in troubleshooting, root-cause analysis, application design, and implementing large components for enterprise projects
- Experience in building ODATA compliant REST services
- Good understanding of Linux fundamentals, very good troubleshooting skills.
- Experience with CI/CD practices, pipelines, and workflows.
- Understanding of enterprise security, certificate management etc.
- Hands-on experience with Jenkins and containers deployment architecture
- Strong computer science background and analytical skills
Interested candidates who wish to apply for the advertised position, please click on “Apply Now” and “ATTN: JOSL”
Alternatively, you may email us an updated copy of your resume (ATTN: JOSL)
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Email Address: [email protected]
Joseph Low | Registration No: R2089920 | EA Licence No: 12C6253
Dynamic Human Capital Pte. Ltd. | 2 Kallang Avenue #03-08 CT Hub Singapore 339407
By submitting any application or résumé to us, you will be deemed to have agreed and consented to us disclosing your personal information to prospective employers for their consideration.
Under the revised Employment Agencies Licence Condition 5(b), employment agencies (EAs) are required to collect the personal data (e.g., NRIC, FIN) of applicants referred to employers for permanent or contract job positions of at least 6 months with a fixed monthly salary of $3,300 and above. PDPA requirements on collection, use and disclosure of personal data are not applicable to EAs that are collecting such information, as it is a regulatory requirement.