Looking for a new job in the butchering industry? Check out our latest job postings from some of the best employers in the business!
We are looking for an enthusiastic butcher to join our team! Whilst experience is great, it is not essential as full training will be given. As a butcher you will form an integral part of our grill team; the grill and our meats are at the heart of what we do. Our butchers prepare the meats following Fazenda’s established recipes in order to satisfy and exceed the expectations of guests.
We believe that it is our people that make the difference and help us stand out as being the best. If you are passionate, warm and genuine, we want to hear from you. You will need to be a strong communicator, a team player, have the willingness to learn, show great initiative and share our values of providing the highest quality of service and products to all our guests.
What is in it for you?
At Fazenda we pride ourselves on investing in a happy, knowledgeable and motivated team who, in turn, give 100% to our guests.
- Enhanced maternity and paternity pay up to 9 months full pay.
- Benenden Private Health Care
- Cinema, Gym and Retailer discounts.
- No zero hour contracts.
- Complimentary meal for two annually to celebrate your work anniversary with us and thank you for your dedication to our team.
- 50% discount when dining socially.
- Financial contributions towards English lessons.
- 100% of service charges are shared amongst you and your restaurant team members.
- Free meals during your shift breaks.
- Sustenance budget for healthy snacks whilst working.
- Christmas Day and New Year’s Day closures to guarantee you time with your loved ones.
- Employee assistance programme with Hospitality Action.
- A supportive and inclusive leadership team.
As a growing company, it is at the heart of our business to develop from within. If you demonstrate the right attitude, desire and potential, we will help with any additional training to put you on course for a future supervisory or management role.
Fazenda is a traditional South American rodizio, with a focus on high quality food and exceptional standards of service. It is part of a young but rapidly expanding, award-winning company that continues to grow from strength to strength.
Fazenda delivers an unforgettable dining experience with a unique concept from our traditional South American roots, creating the perfect environment for guests to dine in and our team to thrive in as well.
We are very proud to call ourselves an inclusive, people focused company who spend a lot of time nurturing their teams and asking the right questions in order to constantly adapt and listen to what our teams need. We have a 0% gender pay gap with 50% of our senior leadership team occupied by women and employ people from over 25 different nationalities. We truly love what we do, and we’d be delighted to have you on board to nurture your talents too!
Southern Wind Group Ltd is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, covered under applicable law.
Supermarket Assistant And Butcher
The purpose of this role is to attract an individual who is passionate about becoming a fishmonger or butcher. Upon joining the Partnership you will start as a supermarket assistant and be placed on an apprenticeship scheme to become a fully qualified fishmonger or butcher.
After successful completion of the scheme, you will receive an NVQ level 2 qualification and to recognise the skills and knowledge attained as an Apprentice, Partners will have the ability to be moved to a specialist rate of pay if you are performing to the required expectations, where you are increasing sales, managing wastage and improving your branch’s Have Your Say scores.
The role of a Supermarket Assistant involves a range of tasks, including advising and serving customers, moving and replenishing stock, carrying out housekeeping activities and handling cash and card transactions according to set procedures. Partners may be expected to work in any area of the branch to support the wider team as required, and to maintain the necessary business dress and hygiene standards.
Waitrose & Partners is all about enriched experiences and that goes for our people – our Partners – as much as our customers. We want you to enjoy your work and share your passion for food with our customers. So we will train you, treat you respectfully and then reward you by giving you a share in the profits, for pulling it all together and being part of our success.
Upon completion of your apprenticeship, you will be expected to:
- Maximise commercial results through selling, service and sharing knowledge with Partners to ensure customers are provided with the very best shopping experience, exceeding their expectations.
- Demonstrate energetic service and create a vibrant atmosphere for our customers to share your love of food and drink and explore our great products.
Desired Experience, Skills & Qualifications:
Experience in a customer facing selling or service environment.
As a Partner you will enjoy our unique benefits package, including staff discount, subsidised food in Partner dining rooms, discounts in local restaurants, subsidised learning, access to exclusive Partnership hotels and so much more.
Please consider the following when making your application:
- We occasionally close vacancies early in the event we receive a high volume of applications. Therefore, we recommend you apply early
- Print off the job description now if you require it
Please be aware that there are eligibility criteria which must be met in order for you to be placed on the course. Please see below:
- You must have legal right to reside in the UK and have been a resident in the EU for 3 years.
- You must not be in full time education.
- You cannot hold a qualification at the same level or above in a similar subject to the apprenticeship you are applying for (e.g. NVQ L2 in Butchery).
- You cannot be on another government funded scheme or apprenticeship at the same time.
If you are unable to meet all of the criteria, please do not apply for this role as we will be unable to take your application any further.
THE RITZ LONDON OVERVIEW:
Conceived by famous hotelier César Ritz in May 1906, with the aim of becoming the ultimate destination for guests looking to stay at the most luxurious hotel in the land, no expense was spared on its opulent interiors and lavish furnishings.
Located between the bustling Piccadilly and the calm oasis of Green Park, The Ritz offers the height of opulence with luxurious bedrooms, Michelin star dining and world-renowned Afternoon Tea.
In January 2002, The Ritz received a Royal Warrant for Banqueting and Catering Services. Awarded by His Royal Highness The Prince of Wales, becoming the first, and only hotel to have been honoured with this prestigious award. Now, 115 years after first opening its doors, The Ritz continues to offer guests the same exceptionally high standards and exquisitely luxurious experience that was the keystone in the creation of this world-class hotel.
At every opportunity, our employees at the Ritz London create a positive, memorable and magical experience for both our customers and colleagues. We offer stylish service delivered by immaculate individuals. Our astonishing, breath-taking interiors attract guests from all over the world. We are proud of being the benchmark by which other hotels are measured.
We have an exciting opportunity for a dynamic and enthusiastic individual to join our team within the Kitchen brigade as a Butcher to assist Sous Chefs in the preparation and service of food ensuring that the highest standards are maintained at all times and to ensure that the kitchen areas designated, equipment and utensils are always kept clean and tidy to the standards required by the Hotel.
RESPONSIBILITIES & ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
The successful candidate will ensure all meat and fish are prepared in time for service, ensuring it is maintained to the highest of standards at all times and equipment are always kept clean and tidy to the standard required by the Hotel.
- Ensure that all meat and fish is prepped in good time for service and to ensure minimum wastage
- Ensuring that food preparation is of the highest standard at all times
- Submitting a correct food stock sheet for your section to the Sous Chef
- To ensure that the correct procedures are used, particularly in the preparation of sensitive commodities
- Report any problems and complaints to the Executive Chef and generally keeping his/her informed
- Relevant experience in a 5* property is desirable
- Excellent customer service skills
- Possess the ability to work under pressure and have strong organisational skills
- Good command of the English language, both spoken and written
- Display a polite and professional attitude to internal and external guests
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Highly competitive salary within the luxury London Hotel sector
- Instant reward scheme
- 28 holidays (including bank holidays)
- Learning & Development opportunities
- Employee discount scheme
- Free Laundry service for tailored uniform
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Complimentary meals on duty
- Part of our CanadaLife life insurance
- Social events and activities
- Season ticket loan
- Pension scheme
- Employee mental health assistance helpline
- Recognition schemes including our employee of the month programme
- Employee Introductory Scheme – £720
- Training Fund Assistance
In line with the requirements of the Asylum & Immigration Act 1996, all applicants must either be eligible to live and work in the UK or must obtain permits to work in the UK or must obtain permits to work in the UK prior to application. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process.
Due the high volume of applicants, if you have not heard from us within 7 days, please consider your application to be unsuccessful.
Permanent Qualified Butcher
Asda Wembley and Asda Park Royal and Asda Colindale
Retail is at the heart of our business, we’re proud to be the UK’s largest halal counter serving more than 1 million customers each week across our growing network of around 45+ stores.
Opportunities don’t come much better than these. Our focus on freshness goes across everything we do, as we take pride in preparing fresh food in store.Our counters are full of friendly people making great food affordable for everyone – making us different and better than ever.
We believe in recruiting leaders into our units who can make a real difference and play an essential part in our ongoing success and continuous expansion. Providing leadership, direction and ensuring standards remain high, you’ll bring a management style that motivates and brings out the best in those around you.
As an expanding business we believe in offering development opportunities for all employees. In these uncertain times, it’s good to know that our culture, training and prospects are recognised as industry leading.
What do I need to be a successful Butcher?
- Be an experienced/apprentice trained Butcher
- Passionate about delivering great customer service
- Relevant experience in a warehouse environment
- Excellent people management skills, with a proven ability to work collaboratively in a team
- Ability to drive the business forward whilst maintaining focus on standards and overall results
- Ability to work to deadlines and really rise to a challenge with a ‘Can Do’ attitude
- Have a fresh thinking and a continuous improvement mindset
- Be a strong influencer able to communicate at all levels with excellent customer service skills.
If you thrive in a busy environment and are able to communicate your enthusiasm and expertise to customers and your team, you could have just the right ingredients to make a real contribution!
Candidates that are successful at interview will be subject to trial.
Our aim to offer more of what matters extends to our employees too. Join us and you can expect to enjoy great career prospects and a very competitive pay and benefits package. In addition to an attractive salary, We also offer a highly competitive pension scheme.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all sections of the community.