Looking for a job as a door attendant? Check out our latest blog post for the latest job openings in this field!
Door Attendant Jobs
Experience unmatched sophistication in Mayfair at London Marriott Hotel Park Lane. Perfectly placed in the city centre, our 5-star hotel welcomes you with bespoke luxury amenities and close proximity to some of London’s most famous attractions. Intuitively designed accommodation is infused with boutique-inspired touches and offers plush bedding, marble bathrooms and 24-hour room service. Some rooms showcase breath-taking views of Hyde Park. Settle in for a meal, Afternoon Tea or evening cocktails at Lanes of London, or maintain your health at The Club at Park Lane, our fitness centre featuring an indoor pool, steam rooms, massage services and a modern gym. Our light-filled venues, superior planning and world-class catering services make us a superb choice for hosting impressive business meetings, social events and more. When it’s time to explore London, you’ll find the best of the city lies just beyond our hotel doors – from Hyde Park and Oxford Street to Marble Arch. We are part of Marriott International, the world’s leading, award winning, hospitality company with more than 7,000 properties across 130 countries and territories worldwide. Begin your career journey with Marriott. Your 5-star experience awaits.
We are now recruiting for an experienced Evening Room Attendant to join our five-star, luxurious boutique hotel. Have fun working alongside a fantastic team and enjoy a world where career progression opportunities and world class training is available to you. We enjoy crafting bespoke experiences for you.
ARE YOU ELIGIBLE TO WORK IN THE UK?
A points-based immigration system affecting the eligibility to apply to work in the UK has been introduced from 01 January 2022. Applicants with Irish citizenship, an indefinite leave to enter the UK or an indefinite leave to remain in the UK are eligible to work in the UK including EU citizens who already lived in the UK by 31 December 2020. Please refer to the Home Office website for more details. You can also prove your right to work to employers by visiting this website https://www.gov.uk/prove-right-to-work
Respond promptly to requests from guests and other departments. Fill cart with supplies and transport cart to assigned area. Enter guest rooms following procedures for gaining access and ensuring vacancy before entering. Replace guest amenities and supplies in rooms. Replace dirty linens and terry with clean items. Make beds and fold terry. Clean bathrooms. Remove trash, dirty linen, and room service items. Check that all appliances are present in the room and in working order. Straighten desk items, furniture, and appliances. Dust, polish, and remove marks from walls and furnishings. Vacuum carpets and performs floor care duties (e.g., in guest rooms and hallway).
Follow all company and safety and security policies and procedures; report any maintenance problems, safety hazards, accidents, or injuries; complete safety training and certifications; properly store flammable materials. Ensure uniform and personal appearance are clean and professional; maintain confidentiality of proprietary information. Welcome and acknowledge all guests according to company standards; anticipate and address guests’ service needs; assist individuals with disabilities; thank guests with genuine appreciation. Speak with others using clear and professional language. Support team to reach common goals. Ensure adherence to quality expectations and standards. Move, lift, carry, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 25 pounds without assistance and in excess of 25 pounds with assistance. Ability to push and pull a loaded housekeeping cart and other work-related equipment over sloping and uneven surfaces. Reach overhead and below the knees, including bending, twisting, pulling, and stooping. Stand, sit, kneel, or walk for an extended period across an entire work shift. Grasp, turn, and manipulate objects of varying size and weight, requiring fine motor skills and hand-eye coordination. Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by Supervisors.
Job Number 22173418
Job Category Housekeeping & Laundry
Location London Marriott Hotel Park Lane, 140 Park Lane, London, London, United Kingdom VIEW ON MAP
Located Remotely? N
Position Type Non-Management
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU
A unique opportunity to be part of an award-winning international brand where we celebrate your unique talent. Being part of Marriott International, the largest hospitality brand in the world opens doors of opportunity worldwide. The sky is your limit. You will have access to fabulous & flexible benefits to help you nurture your inner self.
- Competitive Salary + 28 days holiday including bank holidays increasing to a maximum of 35 days
- 50% discount on Food & Beverage
- Childcare Vouchers
- Length of service rewards and invitations to afternoon teas
- Monthly/yearly recognition schemes
- Extensive training both internally and externally
- World-class career opportunities within Marriott hotels tailored to your specific needs
- Heavily discounted room rates for you & friends and family
- Professional learning and development opportunities
- Complimentary meals on duty
- Complimentary dry cleaning
- Annual parties, Christmas lunches, Summer BBQ’s and Easter celebrations
- Pension scheme
- Life assurance
- Competitive car lease schemes
- Cycle to work scheme
- Access to major high street discounts so you can treat your friends and family
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.
Marriott International portfolio of brands includes both JW Marriott and Marriott Hotels.
Marriott Hotels, Marriott International’s flagship brand with more than 500 global locations, is advancing the art of hosting so that our guests can travel brilliantly. As a host with Marriott Hotels, you will help keep this promise by delivering premium choices, sophisticated style, and well-crafted details. With your skills and imagination, together we will innovate and reinvent the future of travel.
JW Marriott is part of Marriott International’s luxury portfolio and consists of more than 80 beautiful properties in gateway cities and distinctive resort locations around the world. JW believes our associates come first. Because if you’re happy, our guests will be happy. It’s as simple as that. Our hotels offer a work experience unlike any other, where you’ll be part of a community and enjoy a true camaraderie with a diverse group of co-workers. JW creates opportunities for training, development, recognition and most importantly, a place where you can really pursue your passions in a luxury environment. Treating guests exceptionally starts with the way we take care of our associates.
Full-time Door Attendant
At Hyatt, we believe our guests select Hyatt because of our caring and attentive associates who are focused on providing efficient service and meaningful experiences. A Door Attendant is primarily responsible for welcoming guest to the hotel and obtaining transportation when requested. This role may require communication and coordination between Valet/Bell services and assistance with guest luggage. Door Attendants may be asked general information about the hotel and surrounding area.
Hyatt associates work in an environment that demands exceptional performance yet reaps great rewards. Whether it’s career opportunities, job enrichment or a supportive work environment, if you are ready for this challenge, then we are ready for you.
This is not your typical career opportunity. This is the Hyatt Touch.
- Meets and greets guests at arrival.
- Hails cabs for guests.
- Carries luggage from the guest’s cab or car to the hotel door, and vice versa.
- Loads luggage into cabs, limousines, busses, etc.
- Issues claim checks to guests for garage service.
- Escorts guests and carries luggage to garage ramp.
- Loads and unloads luggage for departures and arrivals
- Calls garage valet for car pickups.
- Gives all garage and check stubs to the Front Office.
- Responsible for clearing legal loading zone of any vehicles.
Other Physical Abilities
- Ability to stand and walk for long periods of time. Work outdoors in inclement weather Lift, push, pull, and carry in excess of 50 lb
- Ethical Awareness (Measuring concerns of fairness, equity, integrity, and ethics.)
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Leadership (Measuring big picture orientation, vision and goal setting.)
- Group Process & Team Building (Measuring needs for collaboration, affiliation, and teamwork.)
- Creativity (Measuring aspects of innovation, creativity and curiosity.)
- Work under pressure Ethical Awareness (Measuring concerns of fairness, equity, integrity, and ethics.)
- Problem Solving (Measuring abilities to think strategically, to create solutions to complex situations.)
- Use tact and enthusiasm in all work situations Service Orientation (Measuring concerns for guest or customer satisfactions.)
- Communicate effectively with guests and co- workers.
- Self-Efficacy (Measuring aspects of confidence, independence, and self-direction.)
High School degree and fluent in English and another language
Six months previous experience in an area providing the skills necessary for this position.