Check out this blog post to learn everything you need to know about the logistics manager job for 2022. This includes job duties, skills, and salary information.
Logistics Manager Jobs
Founded in 1949, Vapormatic UK Ltd has grown into a global company, marketing one of the largest ranges of replacement tractor parts and accessories in the world and distributing products to a growing customer base in over 80 countries. Since 2001 Vapormatic has been fully owned by John Deere, supplying both Deere & Independent dealers with a broad portfolio of all makes quality parts.
Vapormatic has its head office based in the UK, with distributors located throughout the world, offering a comprehensive range of over 30,000 quality parts and accessories for all tractor makes and equipment. Customer focused, Vapormatic is committed to delivering its company values of Quality, Availability, Service and Value.
Reporting directly to the Operations Manager, this exciting and wide-ranging role will enable the right candidate to develop a career within a market leading agricultural parts business.
Duties and responsibilities
- Provides day-to-day work direction to the team to ensure that both the import and export process is properly executed in compliance to regulatory processes and governmental legislation.
- Analyses the impact of business and process changes on the import and export process to include problem resolution and initiating.
- Communicates and implements changes to ensure non-interruption or minimal interruption to the procurement and export process.
- Initiates and executes continuous improvement projects, working with partners, customers and 3rd party logistics (3PL’s).
- Provides leadership and direction by coaching counselling, mentoring and evaluation of staff members through performance management tools.
- Prepares export documentation, forwarding and invoicing instructions based upon the customer / partner profile and/or letter of credit to ensure that products are exported in a timely manner with proper documentation to the receiving party and in compliance with all governmental regulations.
- Identifies, develops, analyses and publishes metrics for the procurement and export process.
- Responsible for Dangerous Goods distribution, and Company audit assessment.
To be successful in this role, you will the following skills and attributes:
- Ability to demonstrate experience and knowledge of working within a logistics environment, dealing with both import and export queries, as well as Dangerous Goods distribution.
- Proven track record of customer support and a knowledge of distribution channels, regulatory process compliance and legislation.
- Tactical planning and key account management skills.
- Ability to demonstrate leadership, teamwork, and communications skills.
- A good working knowledge of Microsoft office programs.
Our total rewards include more than a competitive salary. We offer a supportive, flexible, and inclusive working environment, competitive bonus scheme (subject to availability), contributory pension scheme, Group Income Protection and Group Life Assurance / Death in Service benefits, long service bonus holidays, the opportunity to buy and sell holiday, etc.
Project: HS2 – Mace Dragados joint venture are construction partner, working with HS2 Ltd and the station designers, to coordinate the building of the new station, including platforms, concourse and links to London Underground and other rail services.
The logistic manager is responsible for site wide logistics within work areas allocated to them through all phases of the Euston Project, reporting to the site logistic operations lead. This includes all aspects of the logistics supply chain, stores management, development, and optimisation of site logistics solutions to meet the needs of the project. The logistics manager will be required to manage the movement of people, goods and equipment at the construction site and control site facilities management.
These responsibilities will be carried out with careful coordination and integration with other Logistics Managers, Project Managers, Package Managers and Construction Managers to meet the needs of the Project. The Logistics Manager is required to help develop of strategies and plans, implementation, deliver and close-out logistics solutions, management and resolve issues and report on progress.
The Logistics Manager integrates logistics solutions with the construction and delivery teams in support of the build programme. Responsibility extends to ensuring that the works are carried out in a safe manner with due regard to the protection of the workforce, public and the environment, and in compliance with the HS&W Management Plan and the relevant WIs.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Managing and co-ordinating day to day work site activities and planning to ensure the works are carried out safely and efficiently.
- Managing inventory within budgetary constraints by monitoring stock levels & project requirements and by reviewing materials in stores.
- Communicating with other logistics managers, project managers, package managers and construction managers to meet the needs of the project.
- Being familiar with and demonstrate commitment to the requirements of the health and safety and Environmental Policies.
- Implement the relevant requirements of the Safety Management System within their area of responsibility.
- Ensuring sub-contractors deliveries comply with the established traffic management and logistic plan.
- Coordinating with the logistic delivery manager regarding notifiable loads and out of hours deliveries.
- Liaising with the supervisors to ensure unloading and loading operations are confined to the designated areas and loading bays and this is carried out in accordance with their RAMS.
- Monitoring agreed SC laydown areas to ensure they are compliant and within bounds.
- Develop 4-weekly programmes and providing input to the logistic lead for inclusion in the weekly logistics coordination meeting.
- Coordinating with the lifting AP to ensure deliveries and hook time are compatible and prioritised.
- Assisting with the coordination of deliveries to the VHA
- Carrying out scheduled safety inspections and audits.
- Assisting and mediate with conflict resolution involving logistic contractor & sub-contractor.
- Keep a full and accurate daily site diary, including any changes / variations, subcontractors’ attendance, and records of work-related discussions with project team.
You have strong knowledge of logistical practices within construction and excellent traffic management background. You are digitally savvy, can build lasting client relationships and lead strong, motivated teams. You will have a construction or project management background and be hungry to grow your career and enjoy the opportunities Mace Dragados JV has to offer.