Looking for the latest software developer jobs in Australia? Check out our blog for the latest openings and how to apply.
Software Developer Jobs In Australia
Department of Natural Resources and Environment Tasmania
Strategy and Business Services
Applications must be submitted by Tuesday 08 November, 2022 11:55 PM
The Department of Natural Resources and Environment Tasmania is committed to investing in its people to ensure a sustainable and successful organisation through a positive workplace culture and highly capable employees. We are a diverse and inclusive workplace and understand the importance of flexible working arrangements. Talk to us about what flexibility could look like for you.
Hours per fortnight
73.50 (minimum 58.80 hours, by negotiation).
Period of Appointment
For 12 months.
To perform a range of software development and support duties that directly contribute to improved organisational performance and capability through the delivery of efficient business systems and processes that support operational excellence and achievement of business outcomes.
- Knowledge or experience of the Grails framework and Hibernate.
- Sound relational database knowledge with an emphasis on Postgres and Oracle databases.
- An appropriate tertiary qualification in a relevant discipline (eg. Computer Science or Information Technology, etc).
Application closes on Tuesday, 8th November 2022 at 11:55pm.
Download the Statement of Duties and any Associated Documents
How to apply
To apply, please provide a Short Form Application which is a 1-2 page covering letter outlining your experience, skills and knowledge as they relate to the Statement of Duties, and a copy of your current Resumé/CV.
Please note that we do not require a separate statement addressing the selection criteria.
Refer to the ‘Advice to Applicants’ document for further information.
If you are unable to submit your application online, please contact Recruitment on (03) 6165 3171.
For more information on the position please contact:
Manager (Business Software Development and Support)
Email: [email protected]
Phone: 03 6777 2125
Software Developer – Daktech
DakTech is a leading Software Development and Managed IT Services business based in Townsville,
servicing small, medium and large businesses Australia wide. Our exciting growth and success has
created a requirement to expand our team.
We’re looking for an experienced Software Developer to join our team and build creative solutions to
meet the needs of our clients. You will be responsible for planning, designing and programming
unique solutions that meet the requirements of the client.
Why join us?
- Well-established, high performing business
- Long-term, full-time opportunity
- Supportive environment
- Flexible working arrangements are supported
- Software development and iteration for DakTech products.
- Participate in software design sessions and consult with key stakeholders to refine, test and
implement programs to meet business needs.
- Keep up to date with any emerging technologies and assess their suitability for our business.
- Collaborate and engage with other professional organisations to keep abreast of new
technology and implementations where appropriate, and ensure all applications comply with
industry best practice.
- Integration of packages (including product platforms) via API, orchestration layer.
- Creation of product workflows.
- Document all development work.
- Responding to and the timely resolution of client requests via phone, email, face-to-face, or
- Maintain consistent customer communication so that they are up to date on the status of their
- Ad-hoc admin duties as required.
- An analytical approach to problem solving.
- Creating and maintaining knowledge base guides.
- Ideally you will have 2+ years in the Software Development industry and hold relevant
- Microservices architecture and RESTful APIs.
- API integration for multi-vendor solutions.
- Database design SQL (eg MySQL, MongoDB).
- Experience with Agile development and Human Centred Design.
- Advanced keyboard, computer skills and knowledge of job-related PC applications,
- Experience in Version Control (Git/Gitlab),
- Understanding of the Software Development Lifecycle and Agile development,
- Understanding of modern PHP MVC Frameworks,
- Knowledge of Angular 7+ framework (other frameworks such as React also relevant).
- Experience in Technical Support and Website Development is also a bonus.
Soft Skills Required:
- Attention to detail.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Able to work well as part of a team.
- Self-motivation with an inner drive to produce excellence.
- An exceptional standard of commitment and professionalism.
- A proven ability to learn new software applications.
- Ability to multitask effectively and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Customer oriented and cool tempered.
- Effectively prioritize and adapt to changing scenarios.
- Passion for providing high levels of customer service with a positive can-do attitude.
- Be reliable and punctual.
- Problem analysis and adaptable problem-solving skills.
- Your cover letter detailing your experience that is relevant to this position.
- Your resume.
- A link to a recent Github project created by you using any of the languages mentioned above.
Software Developer Job at Australian National University
Classification: ANU08 (Information Technology)
Salary package:$103,636.00 -$110,821.00 per annum plus 17% Superannuation
Terms: Full Time, Continuing (contingent funded), current contract to 30 June 2023
- Friendly and collaborative work environment
- Generous leave entitlements and flexible working arrangements
- Challenging and rewarding role
The Australian Research Data Commons (ARDC) is a Commonwealth-funded national research infrastructure facility within the National Collaborative Research Infrastructure Strategy program. The ARDC is a transformational initiative that enables Australian research community and industry access to nationally significant, leading edge data intensive eInfrastructure, platforms, skills and collections of high-quality data
The Software Developer is part of a small software development team based in Canberra which is responsible for the development, delivery and maintenance of web-based national services that support research data discovery, connection, publishing, sharing and reuse. The Software Developer will work collaboratively as part of a high-functioning Agile team and will be responsible for contributing to the design, development and success of existing and new services that support the strategy of the ARDC
The Software Developer works under the broad direction of the Development Operations (DevOps) Manager who reports to the Director Data, Policy and Services. To ensure the successful delivery and continuous improvement of systems and services, the Software Developer will be required to establish effective and collaborative relationships with a variety of stakeholders across the ARDC, research organisations, government agencies, business system owners and vendors
To excel in this role you will have:
- A proven background in developing and maintaining web applications in a Linux based environment including a demonstrated ability to code efficiently in one or more of the following languages:
- PHP (Laravel or alternative framework)
- Java (Java Spring preferred)
- Web front-end development experience with one or more of the following:
- CSS / Bootstrap / Tailwind (or alternative framework)
- AngularJS, Vue.js
- A detailed understanding of database management systems and their use in relationship to the development of web based applications.
This opportunity is for a fulltime, Continuing (contingent funded) position – several appointments
For further information please contact Adrian Burton, E: [email protected] PH: 02 6125 6659
The University actively encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
ANU values diversity and inclusion and is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to those of all backgrounds and identities.
In order to apply for this role please make sure that you upload the following documents:
- A statement addressing the selection criteria.
- A current curriculum vitae (CV) which includes the names and contact details of at least three referees (preferably including a current or previous supervisor). If your CV does not include referees you can complete these online when prompted in the application form.
- Other documents, if required.
Applications which do not address the selection criteria may not be considered for the position.
Please note: The successful candidate must have rights to live and work in this country [Remove if not applicable] and will be required to undergo a background check during the recruitment process and psychometric testing An offer of employment is conditional on satisfactory results.
Junior Software Developer
- Department incentive program
- Excellent office location with panoramic views of the harbour
- Immediate start
About Mortgage House
Mortgage House is an award winning finance company with over 35 years of experience providing exceptional levels of service to our customers. We are transforming the way we work to better serve our customers, including a growing list of fintechs subscribing to our API services. We are seeking people who are as dedicated and passionate as we are about leveraging technology to achieve our vision of providing pre-emptive, real-time customer solutions.
Your role as Junior Software Developer
The Junior Software Developer role is a fantastic opportunity to join talented team of software developers building a unique and advanced lending platform. You will be eager to learn and approach tasks with a willing attitude, learn new technologies, investigate and resolve business issues in a timely manner. Mortgage House is a technology-led business. In this role, you will develop a deep understanding of the business and work with leaders across the company to ensure timely delivery of quality, fit for purpose solutions. This is a fantastic opportunity to develop and contribute in a positive, fast paced work environment.
You will be an essential part of the Technology team by taking on the below responsibilities:
- Developing and maintaining existing software.
- Test and maintain software products to ensure strong functionality and optimization.
- Recommend improvements to existing software programs as necessary.
- Monitoring the technical performance of internal systems.
- Responding to requests from the development team and document implementations.
- Ensure all development is thoroughly tested.
- Preparing reports on programming project specifications, activities, or status.
To be successful in this role you will require:
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science or related field of study or equivalent practical experience (Required)
- You’re passionate about developing great software and deliver solutions that WOW our customers
- Experience with .Net Framework and .Net Core, C#.Net, VB.Net and ASP.Net
- Knowledgeable with RESTFUL and WEB API, Web Applications like Angular, HTML, Typescript and others, SQL Scripts, RDBMS like MS SQL, Postgres and the like, NO SQL like MongoDB and the like, Source Code Repository like TFS, GitLab, GitHub and others, CI/CD Tools like Octopus, Jenkins and others, Test Driven Development (TDD)
- Australian citizen or visa with unrestricted right to work
- Must be able to work onsite, Sydney, NSW
- Where permitted by applicable law, must have received or be willing to receive the COVID-19 vaccine and provide confirmation of it
Not only will you be working within a supportive and collaborative culture, your personal contributions and achievements will be recognised through a multi-tiered corporate and department incentive program.
More perks include:
- Significant opportunities to develop your skills and experience
- Top floor office in North Sydney with panoramic views around the harbour
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Close to all transport and shops – you won’t have to walk in the rain!
- Discounted financial products & discounts on shopping, vouchers, technology & more
- Purchase annual leave
- Social events (who doesn’t love bubbles on Melbourne Cup day!)
- VALUES: Customer Excellence, One Team One Goal, Innovative, Strive, Accountable, Passion, Celebrate & Reward Outcomes
If this role sounds exciting and you have the skills and attributes we are looking for, please apply now!
A full position description will be provided at interview stage. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age or marital status.
Job Type: Full-time
Graduate Software Developer
- Join a national leader in Retail and Manufacturing
- Develop & maintain a Java-based website
- Opportunity to kick start your IT development career
With over 70 years’ experience in the industry, Stratco is a dynamic, national leader in the manufacture and marketing of building and home improvement products. With an outstanding record of continual growth, Stratco has manufacturing plants and Home Improvement Stores throughout Australia and several international locations.
About the role
Located in our Adelaide head office and working as part of a multi-disciplined, agile team, you will primarily be involved in the development and maintenance of a Java-based website that Stratco offers to key customers.
Maintain a Java-based web service that uses JSP and servlets
- Develop new functionality for the above web service as required
- Assist in collection and documentation of user requirements and provide insightful solutions
- Design, develop and test applications according to user requirements
- Develop quality assurance practices that suit the application
- Package and support deployment of releases
- Work with .NET-based applications and services
- Assist in application migrations between languages and frameworks
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, you will possess:
Bachelor Degree in IT or relevant experience
- Understanding of Object Orientated Programming concepts
- Understanding of DB structure and querying concepts
- Strong intellectual capacity, communication skills and ability to collaborate effectively
- Ability to understand the structure of databases, especially MSSQL
- Understanding of querying paradigm
- Ability to maintain DB to best industry practices and adapt to requirements, especially with new technologies
- High attention to detail
- Proven ability to work as part of a multidiscipline team
Culture & Benefits
Stratco has established an environment that brings out the best in our people. We believe in building careers through providing a safe, connected, and innovative culture that supports ongoing growth and development. We offer industry-leading benefits such as specialised development programs, innate health and wellbeing initiatives, family friendly work practices and Stratco retail discounts.