Are you a machine learning specialist? Do you want to find a job in this field? Then you need to read this blog post! We’ll show you the top machine learning specialist job openings, as well as give you some tips on how to land one of these coveted positions.
Machine Learning Specialist Jobs
A fantastic opportunity for a hands-on L&D training professional to lead on site delivery learning experiences at Bakkavor has arisen.
In this busy and exciting role, you will be responsible for delivering learning interventions at our dynamic and fast paced manufacturing sites – ensuring our employees are not only compliant when it comes to the regulatory and mandatory aspects of their role, but also engaged and motivated through your training delivery.
Based in our factories for the majority of your working day – driving engagement, building solid working relationships with key stakeholders and delivering a best-in-class training proposition, will be top of your agenda.
We are looking for someone with the tenacity and resilience to join our journey of change – as we move from Factory Trainers to Learning and Development Specialists.
- Training delivery and competency assessment of machine usage, health & safety, manual handling and all elements of food safety
- Supporting training needs and compliance gap analysis
- Leveraging strong interpersonal skills and engaging content to deliver learning across all available channels
- Supporting site to ensure compliance with standards agreed, through the provision of learning interventions.
Ideally, you will have a real flair for developing cross functional relationships and driving training best practice to ensure employees receive outstanding learning interventions and training.
An FMCG background is not essential, however you will need to be ready for the challenge of working in this fast-paced ever-changing industry.
If you are a dynamic and energetic training professional with the ability to drive the L&D agenda on the shop floor, this could be the perfect role for you.
What you can expect from us
When joining us you can expect a highly competitive rewards package including group pension, private medical insurance, and other flexible benefits – alongside excellent career progression prospects across the Bakkavor group.
Bakkavor is the leading provider of fresh prepared food in the UK, with a growing international presence in the US and China. We are number one in the UK in the four product categories of meals, salads, desserts and pizza & bread, providing high-quality, fresh, healthy and convenient food. Our customers include every major UK grocery retailer, including Tesco, Marks & Spencer, Sainsbury’s and Waitrose, and some of the world’s best-known food brands. We have over 19,000 employees, our headquarters are in London and we have 23 factories in the UK, 5 in the US and 9 in China.
Shift: Monday – Friday, days. Usually 9-5 but flexibility is required
Business Area: Bakkavor Desserts
Location: Devizes, with occasional travel to Highbridge required
Salary: Up to £27,000
Workspace Support Specialist
Are you an enthusiastic and customer-focused individual with a great work ethic? Are you looking for an opportunity to learn and develop within a dynamic and progressive organisation? Do you have an inquisitive nature and the ability to use technology to solve problems? If so then an opportunity within the Google Workspace Support function at CTS could be perfect for you!
You’d join a dynamic team of Engineers and Specialists who excel in providing a high-quality service to clients across the globe. Our clients range from organisations with many thousands of staff through to small businesses supporting a handful of employees.
At CTS we understand the importance of giving our employees the tools to do their job effectively. We can provide training and development opportunities that will enable you to learn new skills and take on additional responsibilities.
The successful candidate will be responsible for providing first-class support and interactions with the customer via Service Portal, telephone, email and Google Chat/Meet sessions. Our expanding portfolio of services gives you the opportunity to develop your career in areas such as Professional Services, Training, Systems/Software Architecture, Software Development and Google Cloud Platform technologies.
What you’ll do:
- Provide support and advice to clients on the Google Workspace platform
- Adhere to the service level agreements dealing with enquiries in a professional and timely manner
- Contribute to the continual improvement of service and regular reporting
- Involved in departmental and company wide projects, acting as POC and running/testing from Support Services.
- Deliver clear and understandable training to team members and customers on Google Workspace.
- Have designated MSP customers to serve as Support contact/escalation, chase proactivity in tickets etc.
- Contribute to and lead where required on specific CloudM/CTS Migration tasks
- Support the Workspace Deployment Specialists and Collaboration Engineers with their project work
- Be a “Data Champion” for Support, coordinating Data Protection compliance matters for their area (including: documenting all personal data held by their area).
- Provide on-call support for clients out-of-hours via a rota system
- You’ll get involved in our drive towards social progress where possible. Whether that’s getting involved in one of our community projects or simply buying local when travelling with the company.
- Demonstrable experience in a customer-facing service desk/helpdesk role
- Able to build trust quickly and adapt to a variety of different people and situations
- The ability to analyse and methodically resolve problems
- Is able to produce content and technical documentation that can be used to train new team members and customers.
- Is confident dealing with a customer escalation with guidance on how to respond.
- A natural curiosity and experience in applying technology to resolve customer issues
- Is a confident communicator, able to use terminology to suit the stakeholder’s level of technicality.
- Understands the foundations of Service Management, including ticket types, SLA’s and the importance of being able to correctly categorise/prioritise tickets.
- Enthusiasm and self-assuredness
- Confidence with technology and the Internet
- Has a basic knowledge of change management principles and their relation to projects.
- Is proactive in resolving customer escalations.
- Is able to use active listening to fully understand stakeholder requirements.
- Technical expertise with the Google Workspace Platform is desirable but not essential
- Knowledge of Zendesk or other comparable ticketing systems
- The ability to communicate in languages other than English
- Experience in SaaS/IaaS, specifically Google Cloud Technologies
- Has a broad knowledge of CloudM and 3rd Party products such as Microsoft, Okta etc.
What you’ll get:
In addition to the competitive salary (see our “Fair pay. Done right” commitment below), you’ll get private health insurance and company contributed pensions as standard.
We have a multitude of other benefits, including a market leading parental leave policy, unlimited paid holidays, regular opportunities to attain industry recognised training and access to a discounts and rewards programme (including discounted gym membership). We’ve also recently announced our Work From Anywhere policy!
You’ll be invited to the bi-annual international company ‘kick off’ conferences, which are a great chance to meet your colleagues that you don’t see everyday.
As part of our DNA, we offer a flexible working environment, so we encourage you to apply and ask if this is something you require.
Our “Fair Pay. Done Right.” commitment; We don’t advertise salary brackets because we don’t have salary brackets. We encourage conversation about your (and our) salary expectations from the off and throughout your time with us, but we don’t want to discourage anyone from applying because they are on significantly more or less than a “bracket”.
We have offices based in Manchester, Edinburgh, London & Utrecht. However we are more than happy to consider remote working for this position.
So what’s next?
Contact us directly at [email protected] for more info.
CTS is the largest dedicated Google Cloud practice in Europe and one of the world’s leading cloud transformation experts. We offer a unique full stack Google Cloud solution for businesses, encompassing cloud migration, transformative working and IT infrastructure, through to machine learning, big data and app development.
We have a brilliant team of more than 230 people in offices in Manchester, Edinburgh, London & Utrecht as well as across our globally remote workforce. But we’re still growing, and that means we need more brilliant people who share our ambition to join our team.
We’re committed to equal opportunities and actively promote a diverse and inclusive working environment, and fairness for everyone.
Learning and Development Specialist
Beck & Pollitzer is the world’s leading provider of industrial installation and machine relocation services. We deliver an unrivalled range of services to all clients, both locally and internationally.
We are passionate about our customers and the work we do for them. Therefore, we pride ourselves in consistently delivering excellence, no matter how complex the project.
We firmly believe that we achieve more when we work together, and recognise that people are the heart of the business.
At Beck & Pollitzer everything we do is based on our core values; colleagues working together, passion for our customers and the work we do for them and being consistent and persistent in all we do. We recruit people who demonstrate these values and are good at what they do.
When you join our team, you will become involved in supporting or delivering some of the biggest and most complex machinery installation and relocation projects in the world. Our people are experts in a diverse range of industries including automotive, aerospace, infrastructure, print, packaging, FMCG, metals and many more.
- Working with the HR Manager & UK and Regional Engineering Managers to understand the business’ training needs, design various learning materials across a range of means and to delivery them to a range of audiences using varying methods
- Working with the HR, H&S and Regional Engineering Managers to ensure that appropriate certification and essential qualifications are up to date at all times
- Supporting with driving a culture of continuous professional development
- Developing a skills matrix for the UK business, identifying the required skills and competence for each role and project
- Sourcing training providers for technical trainings; working with procurement to negotiate cost and KPIs
- Creation and delivery of Line Manager and Supervisor trainings
- Creation and delivery of bite size training modules aligned to TNA
- Working with a variety of stakeholders across the business to design, develop and deliver blended solutions based on business need to ensure learning requirements are tailored and delivered to the necessary timescales
- Learning evaluation, monitoring how effectively learning has been transferred to employees
- Supporting with the utilisation and management of the Engineering Construction Industry Training Board (ECITB) and Apprenticeship Levy
- Supporting with the implementation of a centralised training budget and sourcing training grants available to the business
- Supporting with the creation and implementation of performance reviews for employees
- Co-ordination of the Apprentice schemes in the UK
- Excellent L&D experience, preferably in the Engineering or Construction industry
- An excellent understanding of modern workplace learning
- Ability to work flexibly and travel to other sites as required
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to facilitate and deliver trainings to various audiences
- Organised, self-starter and a team player
- Ability to adapt to changing environments and needs
- CIPD qualification or equivalent
- Discretionary bonus
- 33 days annual leave (this includes Bank Holidays)
- Discounted Gym Memberships
- Salary sacrifice pension (5% contribution by Beck-Pollitzer)
- Hybrid working
- 3x life assurance
Learning Development Specialist
HR | Leyland | Start date: 05/12/2022 | Full Time | Permanent
Since our beginnings at Dr. Oetker, we have been breaking new ground. With pizza, cake, and desserts, as well as digital platforms and services – quality and an innovative spirit set us apart.
What awaits you? It’s up to you! At. Dr. Oetker, you can actively shape the future – both yours and ours. We want to be part of something bigger. Don’t you?
JOIN THE TASTE.
Do you love Pizza and would you like to be part of the team that makes the UK’s favourite pizza? Then carry on reading!
What’s the role?
The Leyland Facility is where the Chicago Town Pizzas started over 30 years ago. We are looking for a Learning & Development Specialist to provide leading edge training solutions, working with managers to ensure the business has highly skilled and engaged employees which in turn make a positive impact on operational efficiency.
- To develop and implement learning and development strategies according to the Dr. Oetker (UK) goals, and objectives, aiming to accelerate growth of the business and upskilling of colleagues.
- To be a Partner with the Executive Management Team and Line Managers in all areas to identify business-driven and aligned learning and development needs.
- Promoting and implementing the roll out of appropriate corporate initiatives.
- Supporting the managers in embedding the UK vision, competencies and performance development frameworks.
- Responsible for the day-to-day management and development of the Training Coordinator.
- To determine and assess training and employee development needs by working with departmental managers to ensure an appropriate balance of soft and technical skill training.
- Working with the Training Co-Ordinator to ensure accurate recording of L & D records and data.
- Finding and to establish a Learning Management system that supports the business needs.
- Work with the Local education providers (UCLAN, Runshaw etc) to integrate learning alliances.
- To represent the Business to outside bodies as the specialist for learning and development and network both with the internal and external contacts to influence and ensure best practice.
- To have a minimum of degree level
- A professional certification – Ideally CIPD qualified – level 5 or above
- To have clear knowledge and experience of the full L & D life cycle.Experience of working in a senior L&D role, preferably within a FMCG manufacturing sector.
- To have demonstrated strong facilitation, coaching and presentation skills with all levels of the business.
- Experience with e-learning platforms & LMS systems.
- Experience in successfully driving the L&D strategy for the business
- Experience in delivering full competency learning and or coaching activities, that focus on building knowledge, skills & behaviours to meet operational requirements.
- Experience in project management and budgeting.
- To have excellent IT skills (MS Office, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Internet, Outlook, LMS).
- An expertise in Leadership Development research, best practices, and frameworks.
- A confident communicator (both verbal and written) with a personable and professional manner and the ability to interact and relate to all levels of staff and build strong working relationships.
What do we offer? Here’s the list of our fantastic benefits………..
- 33 days annual leave (inc bank holidays) which increases with service
- Free pizzas
- Subsidised on site restaurant with hot and cold meals, a salad/deli bar, snack machines and microwaves and storage facilities for those who prefer to bring their own
- Free tea and coffee
- Free on-site parking (number of free electronic charging points available)
- Free Life Assurance at 4 times basic annual salary
- Free Wi-Fi in canteen
- Employee Referral Scheme £350 – once you know how great it is to work here you’ll want to bring your friends and family!
- Enhanced Company Sick Pay
- Enhanced Pension scheme which provides 6% Employer pension contribution
- Private medical insurance
- Regular Employee Forums ensuring all employees have a voice
- Incentivised employee suggestion and recognition schemes
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Enhanced Family Friendly Leave
- Free health checks
We are looking forward to receiving your application!
Are you intrigued? Perfect. Then we look forward to your online application. Just click on the “Apply now” button, and you’re good to go.
Still, have questions? Then visit us at to find out why you should join our team.
Dr. Oetker is an equal opportunities employer. We continuously work to shape and live a corporate culture where everyone feels welcome. At Dr. Oetker, your personality and qualifications are what count. Not gender, nationality, ethnic or social background, religion, disability, age or sexual orientation, and identity.
Dr. Oetker UK Ltd.
MACHINE LEARNING SPECIALIST
Right now, you’re a very strong software engineer with a deep interest in Analytics and Data Science. You know how to engineer the beautiful code and want to work on varied data science projects across multiple industries. You’re exceptionally talented, and looking to work in a highly collaborative and cross-functional team consisting of Data Scientists, Data Architects, and Engineers. You are someone who is looking to constantly develop your skills and adapt to new languages, trends, and frameworks.
In this role, you will:
- Work closely with Data Engineers and Data Scientists to create analytical variables, metrics, and models
- Work closely with data scientists to solve difficult engineering and machine learning problems and produce high-quality code
- Choose and use the right analytical libraries, programming languages, and frameworks for each task
- Develop your abilities and understanding of data science methodologies and approaches
- Contribute to best coding and engineering practice across DataSpartan and our projects
- Refactor code into reusable libraries, APIs, and tools
Qualifications and Skills
- Deep and passionate knowledge of software engineering principles, practices
- Proven knowledge of object-oriented programming e.g. Scala, Java, C++ etc.
- Knowledge of at least one scripting language e.g. Python, Perl, R etc.
- Deep knowledge of testing frameworks and libraries.
- Knowledge of specific deep learning libraries for Python (Theano, Tensorflow, etc.)
- Good knowledge of database management languages e.g. SQL, PostgreSQL
- Knowledge of statistics, machine learning and data analytics techniques
- Knowledge of Big Data technologies, such as Spark, Hadoop/MapReduce is desirable but not essential
- Commercial application of data science work is desired but not essential
DataSpartan is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. Please see the United States Department of Labor’s EEO poster and EEO poster supplement for additional information.