Looking for a machine learning specialist job in Canada? Check out this blog post for a list of the top companies hiring machine learning specialists.
Machine Learning Operations Specialist Jobs
Grow with the best. Join a smart, creative, and inspired team that accomplishes operational excellence. Bringing together individuals with diverse backgrounds, talents, and expertise, our 25,000 team members in over 400 locations worldwide are vital to making our Company stronger.
Stantec Digital Solutions is a group focused on Digital Engineering transformation for our customers around the world. We apply predictive technology to large volumes of data to solve a wide spectrum of problems.
The successful Machine Learning Operations (MLOps) Specialist will have experience in using cloud compute technology to automate the training, deployment, and assessment of machine learning models at scale. This is the position for you if you are eager to productionize ML for a diverse array of environmental and engineering use cases.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Developing ML products from beginning to end, including understanding the business need, identifying product requirement gaps, and executing code improvements in a timely manner.
- Leveraging appropriate Azure Cloud Services, ML platforms and frameworks to develop ML products.
- Research and implement ML approaches, including parallel and GPU computing, as well as explaining and justifying the selected approaches.
- Work with our engineering innovation leaders and Professional Services engineers to operationalize prototyped models.
- Refine and record documentation and frameworks for delivering products, services, and data.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Experience with ML engineering and operations
- Experience building apps using various cloud resources
- Experience writing code in Python, and/or Scala and confidence taking on new coding languages and frameworks
- Kubernetes and Docker experience is a plus.
- Experience with code version control using Git.
- Experience writing and speaking about technical concepts to various audiences is preferred
- Experience with the Azure cloud platform is considered an asset
- Experience writing SQL is preferred
- Experience designing and writing MLOps pipelines
- Demonstrable track record of dealing well with ambiguity, prioritizing needs, and delivering results in a dynamic environment.
Education and Experience
Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative subject with 0-5 years’ experience problem solving using computational tools on the cloud. A plus is additional education or equivalent professional or military experience in a quantitative field.
Typical office or home office environment working with computers and remaining sedentary for long periods of time.
This description is not a comprehensive list of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other’s talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Primary Location : Canada-Alberta-Edmonton
Other Locations : Canada-Nova Scotia-Dartmouth, Canada-Alberta-Calgary, Canada-British Columbia-Vancouver, Canada-Ontario-Toronto
Job : Applications Development
Organization : BC-1299 Innovation-Digital Solutions-Canada
Employee Status : Regular
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Travel : No
Schedule : Full-time
Req ID: 2200033G
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans
Machine Learning Geoscientist
MinePortal from DataCloud is the groundbreaking cloud-based intelligent platform that powers geotechnical knowhow of the rock in the mining industry for operational intelligence. Our mission is to push the envelope in Artificial Intelligence (AI), Geophysical IoT sensors, Machine Learning (ML), Data Management, Signal Processing, and Grade Engineering, in order to provide the best-possible blast outcomes for our customers. We are looking for a Geology, Statistics, and ML Specialist to help build industry-leading modeling technologies that the world’s largest mines will adopt.
Reporting to the VP Software, the Machine Learning Geoscientist role will include following broad responsibilities and any other assigned work from time to time
- Apply domain expertise in the development and implementation of machine learning models within the hard rock and coal mining industry
- Teach internal and client teams how to integrate machine learning software into existing workflows to optimize blast design, blasthole spacing, and other engineering applications
- Study and transform data science prototypes for the geoscience specific data streams
- Feature extraction and identification over large data sets to feed automated algorithm development
- Apply knowledge in geology, geosciences, applied mathematics, and quantitative analysis to sensor solutions for challenges facing our sponsors.
- Explore promising research and maintain/gain the technical edge required for projects. Share and develop new approaches and methods.
- Design machine learning systems that can automatically recognize features, extract features, and create volume models out int and sparse data
- Research and implement appropriate ML algorithms and tools for mining domain specific applications
- Select appropriate datasets and data representation methods
- Run machine learning tests and experiments
- Perform statistical analysis and fine-tuning using test results
- Train and retrain systems when necessary
- Extend existing ML libraries and frameworks
- Keep abreast of developments in the field
- Contribute to analysis of algorithmic computational complexity and memory requirements.
- Work with Hardware Engineers to specify and optimize sensor and IoT device design and configuration for multiple sensing use cases.
- Interface closely with Application and UX Engineers to develop compelling analytical use cases to utilize ML outputs and insights.
Master’s degree in Geosciences, statistics, mathematics, applied physics, or a related field.
Comprehensive expert level knowledge of programming and experience in C, C++, Python, R, Golang, or similar language used in geo-stat, ML, and computer vision sciences.
Proficient verbal and written communication skills necessary to effectively collaborate in a team environment and present and explain technical information.
Experience in working in distributed teams in the research, development, and implementation of machine learning, spatial modeling, and geo-stat algorithms.
Takes initiative, independent worker
Ability to manage multiple concurrent major projects with different tactical and strategic objectives
Can effectively assume an array of roles as appropriate in various kinds of organizations. These may entail different responsibilities, forms of leadership, team work, and project management.
Experience leading in environments that are highly volatile, cross-functional, and cross-organizational
Work Hours & Location
- Full time, Flexible working hours, 15 days/year vacation
- Work from home office and DataCloud’s office in Vancouver
- Some travel to Seattle, Palo Alto, and Client offices world wide
DataCloud is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, military status, or national origin or any other characteristic protected under applicable local law. The Candidate must be authorized to work in Canada.
Founded in 2016, DataCloud delivers high-resolution rock mass characterization data to our clients in real-time. Our innovative measurement and analysis platform provides invaluable orebody insights during drill and blast operations. Our technologies help mine planning teams to dramatically improve their extraction efficiencies.
With our unique combination of skills in both mining and technology, DataCloud is helping to solve many of the problems that have challenged the mining industry for decades. Our founders come from institutions such as Stanford, UC-Berkeley and Cambridge, who have expertise in geosciences and cloud architecture.
Our portfolio of products and services span the latest in Geo-Statistics, Geo-Physics, and advanced digital and artificial intelligence technologies, including cloud computing, machine learning, advanced visualization, and new sensor technology enabled by IoT systems.
Machine Learning – Python Specialist
EMPLOYMENT TYPE: Full Time
JOB LEVEL: Associate
- To work with some of the best professionals in the business – for a firm that values individual intellect as much as teamwork
- State-of-the-art offices that are designed to maximize collaboration
- Flexible working arrangements
- Enriching challenges that provide opportunity for constant learning and advancement
- An environment which is leveraging technology to its highest potential
Transformation builds the technological capabilities and connections that keep Morgan Stanley thriving, giving the Firm the agility and stability to perform in all market conditions. The division is comprised of Centers of Excellence across Agile / Front-to-Back platform operations, Artificial Intelligence / Machine Learning, Cloud, and Automation; Technology Business Development, which manages Morgan Stanley’s strategic relationships with external technology companies; and the Innovation Office, which focuses on removing barriers to innovation and accelerating time to value.
The Machine Learning Platform Team is seeking a Python developer and DevOps engineering Specialist to shepherd research code to production and explore the new ML software landscape.
- Helping researchers untangle dependencies at the Python and C++ library level
- Work with researchers to rework and productionize projects
- Promulgating best practices and develop tooling to allow ML models to be deployed easily internally and to cloud without a steep learning curve
- Profiling code as part of capacity planning
- Building PoCs to exercise cloud infrastructure of multiple vendors
- Helping researchers integrate authentication / entitlements into services and dashboards
- Patiently explaining the less obvious parts of Git
This position is ideal for a solid technologist who wants to:
- Review / refactor bleeding-edge model code
- Get exposure to a variety of ML techniques and a probabilistic mindset
- Listen in to regular ML-related talks as part of their day job
- Potentially contribute to Open Source through a Morgan Stanley and/or FINOS project
- Has an infrastructure background but is looking to move up or sideways in the stack
- 3+ years of relevant experience
- System administrator level familiarity with Linux
- Container technologies (Docker, podman, buildah, Kubernetes, etc.) in regard to packaging and runtime
- At least some familiarity with cloud and cloud enablement technologies (AWS, Azure, Terraform)
- Knows Python module loading, building, and packaging
- Experience with compiled languages such as C/C++
- DevOps experience
- Git development workflow in medium to large teams
- Excellent oral and written communication skill
- Self-motivated and able to work in a global, distributed team
Nice to have:
- AI / ML familiarity
- Strong fundamentals in Unix system calls, shell scripting, IPC, and distributed systems
- Familiarity with authentication systems such as OIDC
- ModelOps / MLOps experience
- Plotly Dash experience
- Dash, Spark, Ray, etc. experience
Morgan Stanley is a global financial services firm and a market leader in investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. At Morgan Stanley Montreal, we are shaping the future of our global business and contributing to our local community. Our team works across numerous areas.
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximize their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives, and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing, and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.
All our positions are located in Montreal, Quebec. We offer a hybrid work environment, combining remote work and attendance in the office.
Knowledge of French and English is required.
Cloud Machine Learning Engineer
Toronto , Canada
We’re adding to our diverse team of experts and are looking to hire an employee committed to building a culture that enables the creation of innovative solutions for our business units and clients.
As a member of Munich Re’s operations, we offer the financial strength and stability that comes with being part of the world’s preeminent insurance and reinsurance brand. Our risk experts work together to assemble the right mix of products and services to help our clients stay competitive – from traditional reinsurance coverages, to niche and specialty reinsurance and insurance products.
Business Technology is responsible for successful consulting on, bundling, management and design of IT innovation solutions in close cooperation with the business divisional units and departments, and central divisions in Munich Re (Group), as well as with other IT units.
We are looking for a highly motivated and passionate Cloud ML Engineer-Architect Lead (Senior Technical Data Specialist ) to drive high priority customer initiatives on the Microsoft Azure Platform in collaboration with customers. This is a customer facing role, owning overall technical relationship between customer and BDAP Data, Advanced Analytics and Artificial Intelligence Platform.
You will own the Data Platform & Advanced Analytics technical customer engagements within our North American Business Units including architectural design sessions, specific implementation projects and/or MVPs. The ideal candidate will have experience in customer-facing roles and success leading deep technical architecture discussions with senior customer executives, Enterprise Architects, IT Management and Developers to drive Data Platform and Advanced Analytics solutions to productions.
Key responsibilities include:
- Operationalising analytics. As an analytics architect close this data-to-insight-to-action loop, which requires deep understanding of the applications and integration infrastructure environment.
- Mapping requirements to implementation to accommodate many and sometimes conflicting requirements and constraints with requirements coming from diverse stakeholders, such as line-of-business users, data scientists, analysts, and administrators.
- Create prototypes of ML Use Cases and present to Customers and other relevant stakeholders.
- Participate in Software Development life-cycle to productize ML use cases and AI pipelines.
- Build architecture for Analytics and AI and collaborate with data scientists, data engineers, developers, operations and security.
- Align technical implementation with existing and future requirements.
- Working with multiple customers, Munich Re Black Belts to create Proof of concepts (POCs) / Minimum Viable Products (MVPs) etc. and guiding customers through to production deployment and operationalization of ml projects.
- Maintain expert-level knowledge and skills to guide client’s journey through Analytics-led data transformation.
- Apply technical knowledge to architect solutions that meet business and IT needs, create and modernize Data Platform, Data Analytics and AI roadmaps, and ensure long term technical viability of new deployments, infusing key analytics and AI technologies where appropriate (e.g. Azure Databricks, MLFlow, Azure ML, Cognitive Services, AKS, Data Lake etc.).
- Ensure that solution exhibits high levels of performance, security, scalability, maintainability, appropriate reusability and reliability upon deployment.
- Develop deep relationships with key customer stakeholders and IT decision makers, who drive long-term cloud adoption within Munich Re.
- Be a Voice of Customer to share insights and best practices, connect with BDAP Engineering team and BDAP HOME Team to remove key blockers.
- Experience. 10+ years of success in consultative/complex data science and analytics projects, architecture, design, implementation, and/or support of highly distributed applications required
- Relationship Building. Proven track record of building deep technical relationships with senior IT executives in large or highly strategic projects. Experience in managing various stakeholder relationships to get consensus on solution/projects.
- Problem Solving. Ability to solve customer problems through data&ai cloud technologies
- Collaboration and Communication. Acknowledged for driving decisions collaboratively, resolving conflicts and ensuring follow through with exceptional verbal and written communication skills. Ability to orchestrate, lead, and influence virtual teams, ensuring successful implementation of customer projects. Presentation skills with a high degree of comfort with both large and small audiences (Senior Executives, IT management, Data Engineers, ML Engineers and Data Scientist)
- “Hands on” Experience creating AI Proof of Concepts, Minimum Viable Products (MVPs) for customers that lead to production deployments
- Breadth of technical experience and knowledge, with depth / Subject Matter Expertise in three or more of the following Data Platform Cloud solutions required:
- Data Science / Machine Learning including Azure Data Bricks, Python, R, Azure ML.
- Artificial Intelligence including Cognitive Services
- Advanced Analytics including Azure Data Bricks, visualization tools as PowerBI
- Application development skills – ability to stand up a back end (Python or similar), front end (node.js or similar)
- No SQL Databases like Cosmos DB, Mongo etc.
- The technical aptitude and experience to learn new technologies and understand relevant cloud trend
- University degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering, or related field
- Certification in one or more of the following technologies preferred: Cloud, Data Engineering, Data Analytics, Big Data, Data Science, Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence.
- Prior solution delivery experience in AI specialized solution providers desired
Together, we engage with everything we have and are, to help humankind act braver and better.
As the world’s leading reinsurance company with more than 40,000 employees in over 50 locations around the globe, Munich Re introduces a paradigm shift in the way you think about insurance. By turning uncertainty into manageable risk, we enable fundamental change. We recognize Diversity, Inclusion, and Belonging as a key priority with a culture that welcomes different thoughts and opinions. We dare to think big and are continuously innovating on behalf of our clients.
Our Global IT team is reshaping the InsurTech landscape by promoting innovative strength and a healthy competitive spirit to contend with the best IT companies in the world. We are making targeted investments in digital transformation and helping our clients tackle modern digital problems with cutting-edge, forward-looking solutions.
Please note that only candidates who are selected for interview will be contacted directly. We thank all candidates for their interest.
Apply for this Job!
Munich Re Canada is committed to providing a work environment that is inclusive and free of employment barriers and discrimination. Accommodations will be made for qualified applicants with a disability throughout the recruitment process. If you receive a request for an interview and you have a disability which will require an accommodation to support your participation, please consult with Human Resources or contact [email protected] as soon as practical so that suitable accommodations can be arranged.
Machine Learning Developer
Discover your full potential. At Tetra Tech, we are collaborating with industry-leading experts for a sustainable future for our world. We combine consulting and engineering with advanced analytics and technology to solve the world’s most complex challenges. Our innovation hubs across the globe will enable you to share ideas and best practices while growing your professional network. Wherever you are in your career journey, you will benefit from working with world-class engineers, scientists, and technical specialists.
Apply today and join the company that is Leading with Science®.
Tetra Tech TAS Inc. is the transportation innovation nucleus for a world-class multidisciplinary engineering company. We are focused on the development and commercializing of autonomous testing technologies. While focusing on the development of current cutting-edge technologies, our continued drive for innovation allows us to be at the forefront of next-generation technology advances. Our company has the advantage of having the agility of a small start-up, with solid financial backing.
We are looking for a Machine Learning Developer in our Edmonton, AB office. In this position, you will be responsible for taking on new initiatives to design, build, and deploy high-performance deep learning models in a client solution-oriented environment. As a member of our team, you will make an immediate impact as you help build out and expand our technology platforms across several software products.
What you will do:
- Understand 3D vision systems and related data analysis algorithms
- Train machine learning and deep learning models on computing clusters to perform visual recognition tasks, such as segmentation and detection.
- Build distributed, scalable, and reliable data pipelines that ingest and process data at scale and in real-time to feed machine learning algorithms.
- Incorporate real-time data streams to produce highly predictive features in our models.
- Develop highly scalable algorithms based on state-of-the-art machine learning and neural network methodologies
- Collaborate with project engineers to identify and implement published algorithms with expert coding skills
- Adapt machine learning and neural network algorithms and architectures to best exploit modern parallel environments (e.g. multicore CPU, and GPU).
What we are looking for:
- You have a blend of data engineering, machine learning, and product innovation skills that let you jump into a fast-paced environment and contribute on day one.
- You have at least 3 years of experience designing and implementing software solutions for complex problems. Must have experience with building and deploying ML-based solutions.
- You have a strong understanding of software engineering practices and fundamentals (including data structures, algorithms, and software design concepts) and you are very comfortable with OOP principles (Python (preferred), Java, Go and an eagerness to learn more).
- You are familiar with monitoring and deployment tools and platforms
- You have experience in building real-world systems for solving problems in computer vision, or content understanding.
- You have experience with designing, building, and maintaining production-grade machine learning pipelines and models.
- You have working experience of classical ML and DL models.
Extra, Nice to haves:
- 2+ year(s) research experience in 2D/3D vision system field
- PhD in Computer Science or a related software development field
- Demonstrated ability to drive selection of machine learning approaches to solve specific problems coupled with the ability to clearly communicate tradeoffs.
- Experience configuring and optimizing data pipelines.
- Experience building systems based on machine learning (especially deep learning) methods
- Experience with storage systems, distributed systems, HPC, and/or CUDA programming
A requirement of working for Tetra Tech is that you are at least 18 years of age and legally entitled to work in Canada. (A copy of a valid work permit may be required.)
All qualified candidates will be considered for the role and will be eligible for relocation allowance if selected (and are located outside of Alberta).
This is a permanent full-time, salaried position. We offer a great place to work, and an engaging culture that is based on innovation, collaboration and integrity. Our compensation plan includes a competitive salary with a comprehensive benefits package, and excellent opportunities for growth and advancement.
About Tetra Tech:
Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion-dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in more than 450 locations around the world. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees—21,000 associates working together to provide smart, scalable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development.
Tetra Tech is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Diversity, equity, and inclusion are among Tetra Tech’s core values. Throughout our history, the company has prioritized equitable inclusion of all people. All qualified candidates will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, military or veteran status, gender, age, disabilities, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions, genetic information and any other characteristics protected by the law. We invite resumes from all interested parties, including women; First Nations Metis and Inuit persons; members of visible minority groups; and persons with disabilities. Please visit our website at www.tetratech.com to see the array of diverse services and exciting projects we are currently working on.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Please no phone calls or agencies.