There is a wide variety of machine operator jobs in Australia across a number of industries. This blog post outlines the skills and qualifications you’ll need to get a job as a machine operator in Australia in 2022.
Machine Operator Jobs In Australia
- A dynamic position focused on career development
- An inclusive and friendly working environment
- 4 on 3 off shift pattern
An exciting opportunity exists for 2 Manufacturing/Machine Operators to join Tip Top at our new, state of the art Charmhaven site. Reporting directly to our Senior Manufacturing Technician we have 2 rosters patterns:
- Wednesday to Saturday – shifts start at 3.30am.
- Sunday to Wednesday – shifts start at 3.30am.
Purpose of the Role
The primary purpose of the role of the Manufacturing/Machine Operator is to be responsible for operating equipment across the bakery such as HMI screens, product changeovers involving equipment and product, controlling quality, safety, and promoting continuous improvement across the site.
- Operating of equipment across the site, which involves changeovers, setting up and shutting down of the line
- Some cleaning of production equipment
- Owning continuous improvement, leading safety, and quality to high standards
- Manage some of the preventative maintenance duties of the line
- Ensure the safe and efficient operation of the machinery
- Meet production targets through best practice
- Support CI and project initiatives
The ideal candidate will have:
- Strong safety mindset with a strong understanding on WHS and risk assessments
- Experience working in a manufacturing environment (food production desirable)
- Ability to suggest continuous improvement initiatives
- Understanding of best practice GMP & SOP’s
- Self-motivated individual with a can do attitude who is not afraid to challenge the status quo.
- Good communication skills and be able to work as a part of a small team.
- Ability to process documentation
We are Australia’s leading brand of quality bread and bakery products. Chances are that one of our iconic brands is sitting on your table, packed in your lunchbox or resting in your pantry right now, as well as supplying leading quick service restaurants and the commercial food service channel.
Join the team and be part of one of our iconic brands like Tip Top, Abbotts Bakery, Bürgen and Golden.
To apply for this opportunity please submit your application by clicking on the ‘apply now’ button.
During the recruitment process you may be required to complete pre-employment screening tests which include a criminal record check.
At Tip Top we strive to create a place where Everyone belongs, Everyone is valued, and Everyone has equal opportunity.
We encourage applications from people of all ages, nationalities, abilities, and cultures – including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, the LGBTQI+ community and people living with disability.
So we can get to know you in the best possible way, we’re happy to adjust our recruitment process to support accessibility needs. Let us know your needs in providing a positive, barrier-free recruitment process via phone on 0437 991 134 or email to [email protected]
GWF has a duty of care and a legal responsibility to promote, monitor and maintain a safe working environment for the protection of all of our people in our workplaces. As per our GWF Workplace COVID-19 Safety and Vaccination Policy we require all new employees to be vaccinated against COVID-19 unless exempt in accordance with our policy.
Machine Operator All Rounder
QLM MELBOURNE MOORABBIN
Are you keen to work in a dynamic and growing company with a culture of excellence and CARES values?
QLM Elna Press is Australia’s leading innovative and service driven label manufacturer and we are looking for an Experienced Machine Operator All Rounder to join our printing team based in the SE Melbourne suburb of Moorabbin. You will enjoy a busy and stimulating work environment with on the job training, operating a variety of machines and contribute to a business of essential supply.
To succeed in this role you will need:
– Experience in the label or print industry preferred but not essential
– Experience operating machinery
– Experience in lean, label rewinders, guillotine, finishing, die cutting, slitting and printing
– Ability to read and follow work ticket instructions
– An appetite to learn new machines
Reporting to the Production Manager your responsibilities will include:
– Running a variety of machines in a timely and efficient manner
– Carry out work in accordance with company safety and quality processes and procedures
– Meet Production output KPI’s
– Work with integrity and be a team player
– Machine cleaning, maintenance as required and general housekeeping
Excellent Working Conditions:
– Full time: 40 hour week
– Sign on Bonus
– Annual salary reviews + bonus structure for meeting production targets
– The position is Permanent afternoon shift: Mon – Thu.
– Working Hours: 2:15pm to 12:45am
– Full training provided
QLM & Elna Press recently merged to meet the growing demand for digital print in Australia, creating opportunities for dedicated people to join our busy and stimulating work environment. We offer a friendly and supportive work environment. Have a positive outlook on life and your work (no negative vibes here).
If you are keen to work in a dynamic and growing company with a culture of excellence and CARES values – we would love to hear from you.
APPLY ONLINE NOW
About the QLM-Elna Team:
– Wide product portfolio: labels, packaging, flexibles, printers
– Dynamic and motivated team
– 34% of our team have 10+ years service
– The QLM Group offer career progression and opportunities
– Staff surveys indicate happiness with job security & conditions at qlm
You must have the right to work in Australia.
No correspondence will be entered into with employment agencies.
Embroidery Machine Operator
- Join an iconic Wesfarmers business, leaders in industrial & safety supplies
- Fantastic opportunity with ongoing training and great employee benefits
- 18 month full-time fixed term contract, located in Karratha WA
We have an exciting opportunity for an Embroidery Machine Operator to join our team in Karratha WA, for an 18 month full-time contract!
Blackwoods is Australia’s leading supplier of industrial and safety supplies. For over 140 years, we have supported businesses big and small with our range of over 300,000 products from the world’s best brands. From the Sydney Harbour Bridge to the railway and your local mechanic, we supply what our customers need when they need it, along with unparalleled expertise and service from our passionate team.
With a national footprint of over 50 branches and 6 Distribution Centres, our people are at the heart of everything we do. Being a part of the Wesfarmers group, also means that we have endless opportunities to make a difference, so join us, and let’s help more people build a better Australia.
An exciting opportunity has become available at our Karratha Branch for an Embroidery Machine Operator to be responsible for the timely completion of the DC’s embellishment orders.
This position is offered initially as an 18 month fixed term full-time position.
Your key responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Ensure that our finished garment capacity is maximised by proper coordination between machinery, order size and people
- Ensure customer data sheets are accurate, maintained and filed correctly. Any discrepancies are to be reported through to the State Clothing Coordinator
- Undergo technical training on machines and software applications as required, to ensure the Safety Specialists is at the forefront of best practise
- Identify opportunities for improving our embellishment offer and reporting recommendations to the State Clothing Coordinator
- Make sure all invoicing, ordering checking and despatching procedures are followed to ensure customer satisfaction
- Promote a positive safety culture through formal & informal participation in HSE meetings, toolbox talks, inspections
- General warehousing duties as required
Full training will be provided.
This is an excellent opportunity for a highly motivated individual with the experience and aspiration to work in an industry-leading and dynamic environment.
CULTURE & BENEFITS
A career with Blackwoods will offer you rewarding experiences and opportunities for growth and development. We have a diverse, inclusive, and safe workplace where our team members care about each other and enjoy building meaningful connections.
To ensure our employees feel valued, supported, and celebrated, we provide a range of employee benefits including:
- Competitive salaries and incentives
- A range of diversity and well-being initiatives
- Team events, celebrations and development opportunities
- Team member discounts on Wesfarmers products
- Discounted offers from over 300 corporate partners
If you meet most of the criteria listed above and would like to be considered for this opportunity, please send your application today. We will be contacting suitable candidates as we receive them.
As part of our recruitment process and commitment to safety, you may be required to undertake background checks (which may include a police check, a pre-employment medical assessment; and/or drug & alcohol testing) as part of your application process.
Full-Time Machine Operator
Pact Group’s Contract Manufacturing Division manufactures across several operational sites and supplies a wide range of homecare and personal care categories to all the major retailers and global FMCG brand owners.
Our Pact Packaging division is pioneering a whole of product life cycle approach to sustainable packaging. Partnering with global brands to local dairy producers, we integrate supply chain efficiencies and sustainable practices into everything we design and manufacture.
About this opportunity
PACT Contract Manufacturing is underway in the execution of a 5-year strategy with a focus on improving performance, driving sustainable growth, building leading capability and engagement.
We are looking for self-motivated Operators to join our state-of-the-art manufacturing facility based at Horsley Park. You will need a good understanding of computerised production control as well as being mechanically minded to fully engage with the new technology and actively work to optimise output.
This position is responsible for the setup and changeover of filling lines, including the new High-Speed Filling Line (HSL), ensuring they meet all safety, quality, and production requirements.
Your key responsibilities will be to: *
- Safety first: Actively contribute to a workplace culture where WHS is given the highest priority in all activities
- Set up, changeover and monitor standard and high-speed filling lines to ensure they meet all safety, quality and production requirements
- Troubleshoot and adjust equipment during production to achieve optimum output and minimal down time
- Read and interpret job orders and specification sheets to ensure production outcomes meet operational requirements
- Work with the Mechatronics Technicians to optimise the HSL operation through continuous improvement and ongoing preventative maintenance actions
- Monitor and document HSL production performance and output quality for accreditation and traceability
- Manually load packaging materials into hoppers as needed
Your skills and experience
To be successful in this role, you’ll have:
- Competent in utilising computers to operate mechanical equipment – settings, adjustments, changeovers. Ability to understand and use workplace functional software
- Ideally 3-5 years’ experience in a technical orientated materials handling or fast paced production environment including continuous improvement initiatives
- Previous experience in setting and operating high volume processing equipment is highly regarded
- Working/Functional knowledge of SAP or any other similar system will be an advantage
- Results oriented and takes initiative with the ability to learn and adapt quickly
- Highly organised with the ability to manage multiple priorities
- High degree of accuracy and excellent problem-solving skills
- Strong communication skills with the ability to interact and liaise with people at all levels
- LF Forklift license
- To be available to work rotating shifts – potentially 24/7
- Utilisation of key MS office applications
Our values make us who we are: Safety, Customer, Integrity, Innovation and Respect.
Our vision is to lead the circular economy through packaging, reuse and recycling solutions. It’s a future-driven group commitment, designed to create lasting value.
We’re the largest plastics recycler in Australia and New Zealand and one of the region’s biggest user of recycled materials. We have 6,000+ team members, operate 110 manufacturing facilities across 15 countries, and our customers include some of the world’s largest brands that consumers know and trust.
For us, it’s about finding new and better ways of doing things. Ways to grow business, to give back to the environment and to enrich people’s lives every day.
Machine Operator In BlueScope Company
BlueScope is an Australian-born, global success story, spanning 18 countries, with a team of over 15,000 people. We’re driven by innovation and are proud that the technologies in our products and brands, like COLORBOND® steel, inspire and protect everything from hospitals and bridges to stadiums and homes.
Come and discover the opportunity to join our BlueScope Distribution business in our Westall Team in Clayton South as a Machine Operator. BlueScope Distribution is a provider of single-source product, processing and service solutions in Steel and Aluminium. The business supports customers in a variety of industries and works with them to help deliver projects on time and to specification. BlueScope Distribution supports its customers by helping them find the freedom to do what they do best.
Our business is expanding, and we are adding a new state-of-the-art Aluminium Router to strengthen our processing capabilities to further support our customers now and in the future. In this role, you will ensure our customer quality and service standards are being met through the safe and efficient processing of customers’ orders. You will receive ongoing training and support to learn all aspects of the role allowing for future career development opportunities.
This is a full-time permanent position working Monday to Friday. You’ll receive a competitive hourly rate plus annual bonus incentive. In addition, you will have access to various health and wellbeing initiatives including Employment Assistance Program, Employee Real Deals and ongoing learning, support and training to expand your skills.
What Will You Do?
In this exciting role, working with your team, you will:
- operate a Multicam CNC router to process our Aluminium products
- operate remote gantry cranes and forklifts
- accurately pick and pack orders to prepare for customer delivery
- successfully contribute to a safe working environment
More About You
Being a reliable and dedicated individual, you will also bring:
- previous experience working on a Multicam router machine or similar CNC machine
- a positive attitude and a desire to work in a team environment
- a mechanical aptitude and understanding of how machinery works
- the ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- a commitment to your own safety and wellbeing and care for others
As BlueScope continues to go from strength to strength, a career with us provides you with the opportunity to grow and be rewarded. At BlueScope, you will:
- create and deliver innovative solutions that drive transformation in our business
- make an impact that really does shape the world we live in
- keep growing through continuous learning and development opportunities
- enjoy the sense of belonging that comes from working with people who genuinely look out for one another
At BlueScope, our people are our strength, and we don’t say that lightly. We want our people to be successful, and to be safe. We offer work-life flexibility through our B-flex program and make sure our inclusive work environment welcomes people of all backgrounds. We’re passionate about driving sustainability outcomes that matter to our communities, including action on climate and our 2050 net zero goal. And we’ll do this through Our Purpose: We create and inspire smart solutions in steel, to strengthen our communities for the future.