Looking for a new apprentice job in 2022? Check out our list of the best apprentice jobs for the upcoming year. From engineering and construction to IT and business, there’s something for everyone.
Apprentice Data Scientist, Do you have strong statistical or mathematical experience and want to use and develop those skills to help shape healthcare in Somerset?
If so we have an exciting new level 6 apprenticeship in the field of Data Science which will give you the opportunity to develop your career in this field. As a Data Scientist Apprentice you will assist the Lead Data Scientist in all manner of operational investigations, predictive data analytics and modelling, providing evidence for strategic and operational decisions.
In return you will be provided mentorship from our Lead Data Scientist as well as be supported in studying for a BSC in Data Science with Exeter College in partnership with Exeter University.
In order to undertake the BSC in Data Science you must meet the entry requirements:
- Equivalent to three A Levels (Including B in Maths) or following successful completion of the Level 4 Data qualification.*
- GCSEs grade A to B in Maths and English, or equivalent
**If you do not have these qualifications, you will be invited to complete a maths assessment. This is used to establish your current mathematical abilities and suitability for the Level 6 project content.
For details on the Apprenticeship programme, please visit: Data Science (BSc Hons) (exe-coll.ac.uk)
The Data Scientist Apprentice will assist the Lead Data Scientist in all manner of operational investigations, predictive data analytics and modelling, providing evidence for strategic and operational decisions, and supporting the Improvement Team / Somerset Collaboration Hub in shaping healthcare in Somerset.
They will be supported to study a Level 6 Degree Apprenticeship:
- BSc in Data Science – Exeter College in partnership with Exeter University
Providing statistical insight about healthcare in Somerset, including robust analytics surrounding activity and performance.
Supporting the translation of analytical findings into real-world processes and as such provide evidence for service redesign.
Supporting projects to design, develop, test and validate intelligent modelling and predictive systems to improve information sharing and analysis.
Using mathematical, statistical and operational research techniques to effectively model and analyse a variety of statistical information, and make recommendations based on findings to improve operational, tactical and strategic business decisions.
Developing and refining data visualisation systems to present analytical results.
Working with local university and experts to validate new methodologies and proposed models, including contributing to proposals for additional funding.
Somerset NHS Foundation Trust endeavours to provide development opportunities for those looking to develop a career in the NHS, in both clinical and non-clinical roles.
Through our apprenticeship programmes, individuals can earn a salary, develop their skills, and achieve a nationally recognised qualification, all whilst contributing towards delivering excellent patient care.
We have six active and impactful colleague networks. These networks provide a safe space for colleagues to share their experiences and learn from one another, but also influence change across our trust:
- Multicultural Network
- Women’s Network
- Armed Forces’ Network
- LGBTQ+ Network
- Lived Experience Network, for colleagues living with disabilities
- Autistic Colleague Network
As an organisation the NHS offers a wide range of benefits including flexible working, pension contributions, market leading annual leave allowance, career progression and regular conversations, not to mention our Blue Light Card and NHS Discounts.
Prospective students require a minimum of:
- Equivalent to three A Levels (Including B in Maths) or following successful completion of the Level 4 Data qualification*
- GCSEs grade A to B in Maths and English, or equivalent
Please note – Eligibility checks, and verification of qualifications will be completed by the Trust and University, and all places are conditional and subject to this confirmation.
For more specific information relating to this post, please see the attached job description and person specification.
For further information on the Apprenticeship programme please contact:
Email: [email protected]
Phone: 01392 400800
Customer Services Apprenticeship
Branch Network – Wealth & Personal Banking
Location: Midlands Region – Birmingham, Milton Keynes, Nottingham (Nottingham Clumber St), Warwickshire (Coventry Cathedral Lane), Wolverhampton, Stratford Upon Avon
Apprenticeship Qualification: Level 3 Senior Financial Services Customer Adviser
Salary: From £20,020 per annum
If you’re looking for a career that will unlock new opportunities, join HSBC and experience the possibilities. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top or simply take you in an exciting new direction. HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further. As a HSBC employee in the UK, you will have access to tailored professional development opportunities and a competitive pay and benefits package. This includes private healthcare for all UK-based employees, enhanced maternity and adoption pay and support when you return to work, and a contributory pension scheme with a generous employer contribution. We want everyone to be able to fulfil their potential, which is why we provide a range of flexible working arrangements and family friendly policies.
Wealth and Personal Banking (WPB) is our new global business combining Retail Banking and Wealth Management; and Global Private Banking, to become one of the world’s largest global wealth managers with USD1.4 trillion in assets. Our dedicated colleagues serve millions of customers worldwide across the entire spectrum of private wealth, ranging from personal banking for individuals and families, through to business owners, investors and ultra-high-net-worth individuals. We provide products and services such as bank accounts, credit cards, personal loans and mortgages, as well as asset management, insurance, wealth management and private banking, that best suit our customers’ needs. Our Branch Network plays a crucial role with providing a face to face service to our customers.
We are currently recruiting for Customer Services Apprentice professionals across various locations in our local market.
This is an exciting new permanent, entry level opportunity within our Branch Network, which will see successful applicants to join as a Level 3 Senior Financial Services Customer Adviser. Our Branch Network is at the heart of a local market acting as a financial partner and community hub. We value difference, we succeed together, we take responsibility and we get things done!
A role within our branch network can be your starting point of an amazing career journey with HSBC, it’s where some of our most successful senior employees started their own careers, so apply today to join HSBC, a truly global organisation, and see where your journey takes you.
This is an 18-month Apprenticeship programme, with an opportunity for a progression to more complex role. Throughout the programme, you will get to know our product and services and be part of a team to deliver the exceptional service to our customers.
We are looking for people to join our team who are passionate about delivering an exceptional customer experience, who are ambitious and have a helpful personality. Face to face customer service experience is helpful, but not essential, what we are really interested in is a genuine passion for going above and beyond for our customers in our Wealth and Personal Banking business area.
At the start of your journey in your new role we will support you through a blended learning experience this is where you will learn how to be successful in your role through a mixture of virtual classroom & practical training, as well as having the opportunity to develop these new skills fully supported within your branch. This will provide you with the opportunity to get hands on experience and apply learning into practice.
Within this role you will
- Play a pivotal role within our Branch Customer Service Team by being the first point of contact for our customers banking requirements, take ownership of their individual needs and deliver an exceptional customer experience
- Play an important part in customer education around HSBC digital services and fraud awareness
- Identify customers who are in vulnerable situations and determine the best way we can support them
There may be times when we may ask you to work in other local branches within a reasonable distance to you.
You’ll achieve more when you join HSBC.
At HSBC we look to enable our employees to better balance their work / life priorities and have the flexibility required to meet challenging needs as they progress through different life stages. Where possible we will consider the following flexible working options: part-time working, job sharing, term-time working, and working from home and staggered hours. If in considering a role with HSBC you have a need for some flexibility in your working arrangements please discuss this with the recruitment team in the early stages of the application process.
As a business operating in markets all around the world, we believe diversity brings benefits for our customers, our business and our people. This is why HSBC UK is committed to being an inclusive employer and encourages applications from all suitably qualified applicants irrespective of background, circumstances, age, disability, gender identity, ethnicity, religion or belief.
We reserve the right to close the applications early. Applicants are encouraged to apply as early as possible to avoid disappointment.
For any questions or queries, please email [email protected]
As this is an entry level role, we do not ask applicants to possess any prior competencies required for the role, only behaviours and a passion to learn. The ideal applicant for this role would possess the following traits and/or behaviours (alongside eligibility criteria):
- Enthusiasm and a desire to learn and work at pace with changing priorities
- A “people first” approach, willing to put the customer at the heart of decision making
- Naturally inquisitive – able to ask why and bring new ideas to the table
- Strong communication skills which will enable you to engage in effective conversations, build strong connections and show empathy to our customers.
- Ability to take ownership of customer enquiries through to resolution, you will pride yourself on delivering a customer experience that exceeds expectations, delivering a personalised, friendly & efficient service
- Be resilient to a continuous changing environment
- Flexibility as, we may ask you to support other local branches within a reasonable distance to you
- Adhering to HSBC’s values of being dependable, open to different ideas and cultures, connected to colleagues and customers, and acting with courageous integrity in everything we do. This means having the courage to make decisions based on doing the right thing, and upholding the Bank’s ethical standards and principles.
- 5 GCSEs (or equivalent) at or above grade 3/E, including Maths and English. As per the Government Apprenticeship guidelines, Apprentices need to have been a resident in the UK for the last 3 consecutive years before the start of the apprenticeship and have continued Right to Work in the UK for the duration of the programme.
Trainee Finance Assistant And Apprentice
Have you just graduated or completed A levels and are you looking for an exciting opportunity in a role that you can make your own in an outstanding school? Alternatively, are you looking for a new challenge in one of best schools for progress in the country?
We are looking for a Finance Assistant to provide financial services within our Business Support Team. This is an entry level role and we are seeking someone either ready to start their professional training for a financial career in education or in the early stages.
You will be working as part of a busy friendly team and will need to be pro-active, organised, enthusiastic and able to use your initiative. Full training will be given.
As part of a busy school environment, the ability to deal with pupils, staff, parents and visitors, in a polite and helpful manner is essential.
You’ll need to be passionate about working with children as we’re looking for someone to play an active part in the school.
Paddington Academy is part of United Learning, one of the leading school groups in the country. We are a Teaching School Hub and are the lead school for United Teaching National SCITT. This enables us to offer you unrivalled career development opportunities and support to ensure you achieve your ambitions.
This is an exciting opportunity to join one of the top schools for progress in the country.
We are a high performing school and have a relentless focus on high standards in all that we do.?We work together to dismantle any barriers to learning and achievement and have a total belief that every student can be successful regardless of their starting point.
We ensure that our classrooms are disruption-free so our teachers can focus on the main thing – teaching and learning. We have a strict discipline policy, and the senior team run daily centralised detentions so that consequences are immediate and teacher time is protected.
Paddington Academy is a mixed Academy for 1,200 students aged 11-18. The Academy was judged to be outstanding by OFSTED in 2011 and was described by the Education Minister as a ‘jewel in the crown of state education’.
Our thriving and oversubscribed academy also has a large Sixth Form with over 300 students, and we have consistently been in the top 10 schools for student progress for the last six years.
Why work at Paddington Academy?
1. We are a highly successful school, rated ‘outstanding’ by OFSTED with GCSE results which consistently place us in the top 1% of schools in the UK for student progress.
2. Teaching and learning is at the heart of what we do. Every decision is driven by its potential to impact on student learning.
3. Our approach to teaching and learning is informed by robust research, constantly reviewed, and tailored to our unique context.
4. We have a consistent and effective approach to behaviour which means teachers can focus on the main thing – teaching.
5. We are renowned for positive relationships between staff and students and serve a community of aspirational students.
6. We have a large and thriving Sixth Form with high academic standards: 90% of A Level grades were A*-C in 2019-2021, the highest of any school in Westminster.
7. We have been awarded a PLATINUM award for professional development. Our approach to CPD is personalised to ensure that every member of our community is provided with first class development opportunities.
8. We are the lead teacher training school for United Learning. Every teacher is a learner, and we secure opportunities for staff to coach and mentor trainee teachers as a reciprocal learning experience.
9. We invest in the long-term career aspirations of our staff. We offer a well-established and successful pathway to educational leadership for teachers who aspire to lead in education.
10. Staff wellbeing is important to us, and we believe in cherishing our staff. A benefit of belonging to United Learning is access to a comprehensive rewards and benefits package.
Please apply online by clicking on the following: https://unitedlearning.current-vacancies.com/Jobs/Advert/2840898?cid=1567
Paddington Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, and applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Please note that the School reserves the right to appoint at any stage during the recruitment process.