Looking for a retail job in one of the best companies? Check out our list of great employers to get started on your search!
Retail Jobs In Best Companies
Retail Customer Service Officer:
Every year, all over Australia, around one million customers walk into one of Australia Post’s 4,400 Post Offices. And it’s our retail teams who make sure that every experience they have is a great one.
So if you have not just a knack for great customer service, but a real passion for connecting with people from all walks of life, then you’ve come to the right place.
About the role
Postal Services Officers are members of the teams that work in our Post Offices, offering the full range of Australia Post products and services. We solve problems, find solutions, help out and pitch in – while always looking for ways to make our customers’ days too.
A day in the Post Office could see you:
- Performing customer sales and service transactions
- Maintaining a cash advance accurately – which includes handling and processing cash, cheques, credit cards and EFTPOS
- Promoting and processing a broad range of financial agency transactions through Australia Post’s technology systems
- Conducting and processing a number of identity services transactions, including Australian Passport Interview – establishing an applicant’s identity with a highest levels of accuracy and compliance
- Promoting our products and services through up-selling and cross-selling, merchandising and other promotional activities
- Accepting mail items for lodgement, and accurately assessing any applicable charges
- Building rewarding relationships with customers by understanding their needs
- Preparing outward mail for despatch through – including presentation and the cancelling of stamps
- Assisting with administrative duties such as stocktaking and record maintenance
- Maintaining commitment to Australia Post’s Occupational Health and Safety standards
What are we looking for?
Besides being a friendly, considerate person with a real passion for great customer service, you’ll need to be able to:
- Lift up to 16kg of mail repeatedly
- Stand up for most of your shift
- Be flexible for additional hours, as well as changing shift times or locations
- Work as part of a team to deliver the best possible service and solutions to our customers
Together, our differences make us stronger
We’re all ages, genders and abilities, and we come from all walks of life. We’re you. As one of Australia’s largest employers – with 35,000 employees and an extended workforce of more than 70,000 – we’re laser focused on building a workforce that reflects the vibrant communities we serve. And we know an inclusive workforce is better for business too.
Learn more about how we’re supporting inclusion at Australia Post at https://mypo.st/Diversity
If you require adjustments at any stage of the recruitment process, please reach out to the Talent Acquisition Diversity Team at [email protected]
Australia Post welcomes applications from Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islanders. Learn more about our commitment to Reconciliation in this short video.
Ready to take the next step in your career?
Get started by registering your interest.
Retail Store Associate – Roselands
- Build a career in one of Australia’s leading telecommunication companies
- Work towards realistic targets with uncapped commissions
- Work in a fun, dynamic and supportive team
What will you be doing?
You’ll be working as part of a friendly and high performing, supportive team whilst interacting directly with our customers. With the ability to earn commission on every sale, you will be able to help our customers and at the same time earn what you want on our uncapped commission model by ensuring individual and store sales targets are met. This involves actively listening to our customers queries, supporting them with their accounts, billing and payments, along with educating them to use our self-service platforms.
Want to challenge yourself and take ownership of your career and be part of a business that will bring out the best of your potential, all whilst having some fun? This could be the opportunity for you.
Who are we looking for?
Our Retail Sales Associates are enthusiastic, driven and love customer service. You will be working within a dynamic, fun, and dedicated team. In-depth training will be provided to enable you to really succeed in this role. To be considered for this role you’ll have a genuine desire to deliver first-class customer service and have a passion for our products. You will need to have availability across 5 days on a 7-day rotating roster, including weekends, peak trade days and public holidays.
What can we offer?
- Competitive salary package with uncapped earning potential
- SIM plan with unlimited calls, texts and data – stay with us and never pay a phone bill again
- Training support: get the inside scoop on all the latest tech from brands like Apple and Samsung
- Exciting opportunities to further your career into a leadership role or head office position
- Access to wellbeing programs and exclusive discounts
We believe in the power of people and the power of collaboration, so apply now and let’s be bolder and better together!
Our Retail recruitment process is super simple, just submit your CV and you will be invited to complete a talent assessment which takes only 15 mins. If successful you’ll speak to our friendly Talent Acquisition team for a quick phone chat, and then an interview in-store with the Store Manager which is a chance to meet the team and find out more about working for us.
To be considered for this role, you must be an AU/NZ Citizen or Permanent Resident.
“We are a 2022 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.”
NEW STORE – Retail Assistant
Good People, Good Pay, Good Training.
ALDI offer a supermarket experience that is like no other in Australia. That’s one of the things that makes us Good Different.
As a Retail Assistant at ALDI, you will have a lot of variety in every shift. Whether you’re filling shelves or scanning items for customers, you’ll be trained to handle multiple roles throughout the store. Don’t worry, previous retail experience is not necessary. But we are looking for people to join our teams who have a positive attitude, a hardworking spirit and the willingness to learn!
Our stores are open every day of the week (including weekends and public holidays). Shifts can start as early as 6am and finish as late as 10pm, and it’s important that you are able to get to and from work safely, so you do need access to reliable transport.
What’s in it for you?
- Competitive hourly rate of $27.66* + penalties
- Rotating roster with an average of 20 hours per week
- Permanent contract and permanent part time benefits including paid annual leave, paid parental leave and paid sick/ carer’s leave
- Extensive training and development
- Career progression opportunities in our growing store network
- Working with a retailer who has been recognised as an Employer of Choice (as voted in 2021, 2020, 2019 and 2018)
- Excellent team culture where you work alongside friendly and supportive colleagues
- Complimentary access to MyALDI Wellbeing program giving you support and exclusive benefits in wellness from discounted gym memberships to healthcare plans
- An EAP program that you and your immediate family can use which is 100% free and confidential
- Complimentary access to our Injury Support Program, where you can access free physiotherapy to treat both work and non-work-related aches, pains or niggles**
What does the role involve?
- Serving and assisting customers in a professional and efficient manner
- Operating registers and calculating change manually
- Ensuring shelves are fully stocked with products
- Training to use equipment to move stock safely
- Merchandising stock storewide
- Cleaning and maintaining store standards
At ALDI we believe that our employees should expect to come to work every day with the comfort and confidence that they are in the safest possible environment. You will be required to adhere to all ALDI and State and Federal Government COVID-safe practices and regulations.
Effective from 1 March 2022, all current employees and prospective employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless they have a valid medical exemption. This requirement applies to all employees and prospective employees across stores, warehouse, transport, and offices. Proof of vaccination or medical exemption will be a condition of employment.
- Hourly rate for Retail Assistants aged 18 years and over
Retail Team Member
There’s a magic moment that happens here at Krispy Kreme every day. It connects the complexity of our people’s work behind-the scenes to our customers’ simplest pleasures. As part of our Retail team, you get to hold that moment in your hands over and over again. You can make a real difference to the people around you, from your customers to your colleagues, and take pride in the impact you have every day.
In you role you will be responsible for;
- Serving our customers (with a smile!)
- Selling our famous and unique doughnuts
- Making delicious coffee and drinks
- Keeping your store clean and welcoming for your customers.
What you can bring to the team
Proven experience in the retail or food and beverage industry is great. But, what we’re really looking for are people who bring;
- Real passion for making customers happy with great service
- A thirst for learning, growing and having fun
- A love of team work
- A positive can-do attitude.
Every day at Krispy Kreme is filled with little moments that have big possibilities!
Apple Specialist – Retail Customer Service and Sales
Posted: Nov 1, 2022
Role Number: 114437991
Do you love how it feels to help others? The Apple Store is dedicated to delivering a customer experience that’s unlike any other. As a Specialist, it starts with you discovering customers’ needs. And with the support of your store team members, you match those needs with the right products. Every day is an opportunity for you to turn another Apple Store visitor into a loyal Apple customer. In this role, you could work full-time, part-time, or part-time temporary.
- You have agility to learn new products and features with an interest in technology, particularly Apple products.
- Ability to deliver great customer experiences in any environment and to be invigorated by constant personal interaction.
- Strong communication skills that let you converse as freely and comfortably with small groups as with individual customers.
As a Specialist, you’ll become highly skilled at uncovering customers’ needs, then following through with meaningful solutions. Not only are you the first person customers meet when they enter the store, but you’ll be the person who guides them — advising, selling, and even setting up their new products. You perform other roles within the store too, whether it’s maintaining visual merchandising or assisting team members. Always curious, you stay on top of news about products and initiatives, ready to apply your learning in customer interactions. You’ll be provided with training to be successful. Your success is measured by team and individual productivity as well as overall store performance. You’re proud to represent Apple, and you get great satisfaction from helping customers develop lifelong relationships with Apple. Discover even more benefits of doing what you love. Apple’s most important resource, our soul, is our people. Apple benefits help further the well-being of our employees and their families in meaningful ways. No matter where you work at Apple, you can take advantage of our health and wellness resources and time-away programs. We’re proud to provide stock grants to employees at all levels of the company, and we also give employees the option to buy Apple stock at a discount — both offer everyone at Apple the chance to share in the company’s success. You’ll discover many more benefits of working at Apple, such as programs that match your charitable contributions, reimburse you for continuing your education, and give you special employee pricing on Apple products. Note: Apple benefits programs vary by country and are subject to eligibility requirements.
Education & Experience
- You’re passionate about Apple and eager to share that passion with others.
- You’re willing to learn and embrace the guidelines behind Apple’s unique style of service.
- You have strong people skills-you’re approachable, a good listener, and empathetic.
- Your work hours will be based on your availability and business needs and may vary week to week.